This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at BU chapter.

Winter is a beloved season when snow begins to fall, flavorful holiday coffee drinks hit the shelves, and colorful Christmas decorations start to fill the streets and stores. Additionally, this season happens to be a big one for fashion. Designers release their newest clothing lines that include luxurious handbags, chic trench coats, sleek riding boots, and shining accessories. As we curious consumers scan through online clothing websites, our wintry hearts begin to melt and our wish list carts instantly pile up with items. Fashionistas have serious needs. In the end, the mesmerizing Christmas lights and stylish winter clothes make us feel wonderful during the cold times, sparking a very merry season. Since both women and men love fashion and winter reigns as a festive season, why not combine the two to create something unique and special? Well, ladies, the event of the month has risen and has made its way to the Boston University campus for our ASOS Winter Fashion Show!

Her Campus BU and online fashion website ASOS have teamed up to present the 1st annual Winter Fashion Show on Tuesday, December 3rd from 7:30 p.m.-10:00 p.m in The Colloquium Room (Top floor of Photonics). ASOS: discover fashion online is the United Kingdom’s largest independent online fashion and beauty retailer and supplies over 60,000 branded and ASOS’ own label products across womenswear and menswear, according to the ASOS website. ASOS will showcase its own clothing brand in the fashion show and other inspired artists will present their artistry, including BU student vendors. 

Our vendors include:

Points of Exclamation

Student vendor Ali Mattaway, who is the founder of Points of Exclamation or PoE, will display her creative works of handmade jewelry. Ali launched her company PoE and its website last spring as a creative outlet to express her love of design and fashion. The entrepreneur specializes in handmade bracelets. She buys her materials from all over the world, including Turkey, Nepal, and Afghanistan. The artist said that she strives for customers to stack PoE bracelets, making the ultimate “arm party” to match each of a woman’s individual style. Ali is very honored to be showcasing her craft at the Winter Fashion Show and she is excited to meet others who have “an undeniable passion for fashion!” 

Aristiann

In addition to Mattaway, another fellow BU student will be selling merchandise at the show. Student vendor Chelsea Hermond runs her own product line, Aristiann. She designs casual yet trendy hats by adding a signature bow to the back of them. Chelsea said that one of the unique aspects about the products is that for every hat sold, 15 percent goes to educational non-profit Citizen Schools. The three things that inspired her to start a business were the kids she had tutored in low-income areas, her love for hats, and her desire to start at least one business during her college career. She is thrilled that she gets to participate in the fashion show and she is appreciative of the fact that ASOS is reaching out to student entrepreneurs.

Jeweliq

Jeweliq, a company that also specializes in fashion accessories, will be present at the ASOS Fashion Show. Jeweliq offers fashion jewelry from elegant ear studs to stylish bracelets that are all sold at guilt-free prices! In addition, Jeweliq’s has statement necklaces that can be worn with multiple outfits. “Statement necklaces can dress up any outfit whether you’re going to class or a more formal event,” said Jeweliq campus ambassador Rebecca Shinners. On that note, there will be a giveaway of Jeweliq statement necklaces to those who attend the show. You do not want to miss out on this opportunity! 

The main goal of this fashion show is to expose young people to the online fashion store ASOS. ASOS representative Maggie Scenna commented that the company wants to bring awareness of its brand as well as the website to the college demographic. A few great elements of ASOS are countless sales, free shipping and returns. “It’s perfect for someone on a college budget,” said Scenna. The company ASOS is anxious to introduce its brand to prospective shoppers and it is looking forward to seeing positive reactions from the audience.

Come be a part of an exciting event and learn all about ASOS! 

Visit the event Facebook page here

Writers of the Boston University chapter of Her Campus.