Food Truck Fridays: Cookie Monstah

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at BU chapter.

The Cookie Monstah food truck is definitely one of my favorite food trucks around! Serving up warm, fresh cookies from scratch daily, the Cookie Monstah’s cookies will warm your soul on these chilly Boston Fall days.

Cookie Monstah is located on BU’s campus on Tuesdays from 7-10 a.m. at BU West, just over the BU Bridge, and on Wednesdays from 10 a.m.-3 p.m. at BU East, in front of Morse.

The Cookie Monstah is Boston’s newest food truck and serves up a variety of cookies from breakfast cookies to traditional dessert cookies to ice cream cookie sandwiches. Their signature cookies include, chocolate chunk, oatmeal cinnamon raisin, oatmeal coconut, snickerdoodle, M & M, sugared sugar, peanut butter chocolate chip, and red velvet with white chocolate chunk.

Now I know these flavors all sound amazing, and I had difficulty myself deciding which kind I was going to try, but I ended up purchasing one chocolate chunk and one snickerdoodle, each for $1.50. Not only is the price amazingly affordable for a budget-conscious college student like myself, but also these cookies were absolutely amazing. Did I mention that all of the Cookie Monstah’s cookies are baked fresh on the food truck? These cookies were not only delicious but were served piping hot out of the oven! The chocolate chunk cookie was gooey and all of the chocolate chunks were melting together creating a combination of amazingness in my mouth. The snickerdoodle was just as good, perfectly flavored and finished off with a sprinkle of cinnamon and sugar on top.

Aside from the Cookie Monstah’s cookies, the food truck also serves up ice cream cookie sandwiches where you can choose your own cookies and ice cream to create the sandwich. They also sell a variety of baked goods daily including, blueberry buttermilk cake, cinnamon crumble coffee cake, hot apple crisp and a few other delicious finds. Basically this food truck has all you could ever want for dessert!

Serving up such incredibly delicious, mouth-watering cookies at such an affordable price I know I’ll be frequenting the Cookie Monstah’s food truck often!

Elyssa is a "New Yourker" who has somehow ended up in Boston. She is currently studying journalism at Boston University and is excited to be the Campus Correspondent for the BU branch of Her Campus! She also enjoys theatre, frozen yogurt, and obsessively watching "Dancing with the Stars." When not doing any of above, she can be found quoting "Pirates of the Caribbean."