This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at BU chapter.

Colored jeans are the perfect way to spice up any outfit. It’s a common misconception to think that they’re only appropriate during the spring and summer months, but that’s definitely not true. You can add a little something to your outfit with some “autumn colors” like oranges, reds, purples, and greens. There are a number of jean colors that are perfect for this fall! Below is a list of the top five colored jeans for collegiettes to sport this season:

1. Green Olive

Green olive is paired nicely with light grays, whites, tans, and browns. Another color similar to green olive is hunter green. Hunter green is slightly darker than green olive, but both are a nice alternative to regular jeans. In my opinion, this color is essential in any collegiette’s fall wardrobe because it can be easily dressed up or dressed down.

2. Red Wine

One of my favorite fall colors is red wine – the color resembles a deep purple eggplant with a hint of red. Yes, your pants will look like a nice glass of red wine! This color looks great with all neutrals – especially white. I also love pairing red wine or eggplant colors with bold patterns – like black and white stripes or polka dots.

3. Burnt Orange

Burnt orange – a perfect color mixture of orange and brown – resembles the color of autumn leaves. So yes, it’s perfect for your autumn wardrobe! It looks great with light neutrals like white and gray – but also matches well with turquoise accessories like a chunky necklace or big bangles.

4. Mustard Yellow

Mustard yellow is a perfect fall color – it adds just enough bold color to your wardrobe to spice things up. Mustard yellow – slightly darker than the average yellow – is paired nicely with black and white but also works well with bright blues.

5. Deep Purple

Deep purple – somewhat similar to the red wine color but without the red hues – can be easily paired with all neutrals, especially black and white. Bright accessories, in contrasting colors such as turquoise or yellow, would pop next to these jeans. The good thing about deep purple jeans is that they’re versatile and transition over to almost any season.

Writers of the Boston University chapter of Her Campus.