Bringing Some Christmastime into your “Finals-time”

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at BU chapter.

It’s the most wonderful time of the year right? Well, it’s supposed to be, anyway. With papers, presentations and final exams, who has time to even get into the Christmas spirit? During finals, study breaks and day offs are a must just to keep you sane, so why not bring some Christmas into your finals and brighten your spirit a little! Here are some easy things you can do to de-stress and lighten the mood during finals and to help remind you this can be the most wonderful time of the year!

While you’re hard at work:

Listen to Christmas Music

Who doesn’t love Christmas music?! Add a few holiday songs into your finals playlist, or even tune to some of the ‘Christmas-24/7’ radio stations and make studying (a little) less painful.

Eat a Candy Cane

Everyone needs a study snack, and come on what’s more delicious or Christmassy? Plus it’s probably better for you than grabbing that bag of chips to snack on.

During your 10-minute break:

Christmas Pinterest

Lets be honest, all 10-minute breaks find their way to at least the 20-minute mark, and almost always because of a ‘quick’ Pinterest trip gone wrong.  But so what? This time, type in Christmas in the search bar, and you’ll be flooded with recipes, decorations, gift ideas, crafts and more, all in the holiday theme. Nothing better.

10-minute Manicure

Grab some nail polish and distract yourself from that Spanish exam with a quick mani. Red, white, green, silver, gold, or all of the above. Luckily, Christmas Pinterest gives some great ides for fun Christmas nails.  (Candy cane stripes anyone?)

Trip to Starbucks

As a college student, you probably don’t have to be asked twice to run to Starbucks. And especially during finals, a caffeine reload is a necessity. Starbucks has some great holiday drinks that can make you feel Christmassy even while you’re studying. Try the Peppermint Mocha, Peppermint Hot Chocolate, Gingerbread Latte or even the Eggnog Latte.

On your day off:

Decorate your room

Putting up some decorations around your room can definitely make your study-environment more fun. Most decorations are quick, cheap, and easy. Throw up some Christmas lights, cut some snowflakes (just like kindergarten with coffee filters), or buy a tiny fake tree at CVS. One of my favorite things is wrapping my dorm room door with Christmas paper and a huge bow so it looked like a present. Last year it was a hit, and before I knew it, my entire floor had done the same! Definitely brings some happy holiday spirit to everyone that sees it. But just make sure outside door decorations are allowed in your dorm because not all dorm rules are the same.

Take a trip to Faneuil Hall

Get some Christmas shopping done and look at all the pretty lights. The huge Christmas tree is lit in the center, and all the other trees have lights too. At night the scenery is the best, so after a long day of studying go with your friends for a shopping break and embrace the holiday spirit! 

Writers of the Boston University chapter of Her Campus.