The Best Dirt Cheap Cosmetics

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at BU chapter.

Face

1) E.l.f Tinted Moisturizer $3.00
 I use this product every day and absolutely love it. It is a staple in my makeup collection and is great all year long. It is great for a natural finish to the face with light coverage that gets rid of my redness and any problem areas I might have. It has SPF 20 to protect your skin and comes in 7 shades. Made with Aloe, Cucumber and Vitamins A and E, there is no reason why you shouldn’t try this great steal.

2) Wet ‘n’ Wild Color Icon Blusher $2.99
This blush comes in four beautiful colors and it is my favorite new blush. I have the color Pearlescent Pink and it is a beautiful warm pink that looks incredibly natural.

3) New York Color: Smooth Skin Bronzing Face Powder in Sunny $2.99
It can be very hard to find an entirely matte bronzer with no shimmer at all. This bronzer will make you look glowy and sun-kissed without making you sparkle like a disco ball. It is flattering on many different skin tones because it has build-able color.

4)E.l.f. Max Coverage Concealer $3.00
I am a big advocate of light face makeup all over the face and only heavier makeup where you need it. That’s why this concealer, which comes in 6 shades and is oil-free, is so great. Apply it to a zit or scar you might want covered and leave the rest of your face with lighter skin makeup, and you will have beautiful and natural looking skin without getting that “cakey” effect of heavier makeup.
[pagebreak]
Eyes

5) E.l.f Studio Eyebrow Kit $3.00
Another product I would never want to live without is the E.l.f Studio Eyebrow Kit. I always have backups incase I run out of this amazing product. Filling in my eyebrows has become a must in my makeup routine to frame my face, and this is such a great product. The compact comes in four shades with a gel and powder, a mirror, and a dual ended brush that creates beautifully shaped brows to frame the face.

6) Wet ‘n’ Wild Mega Liner Liquid Eyeliner $2.99
Wow. This liquid liner is just as good as any higher end brand. The brush is flexible and thin and is perfect for making the application easy. It comes in six colors and I love it so much that I own two.

7) NYX Slim Eye Pencil $3.50
This pencil is incredibly creamy and pigmented. It comes in forty shades and even a few glitter-filled ones. I have owned many different colors over the years and keep coming back for more.

8) Wet ‘n’ Wild Mega Liner Creme Eyeliner $3.99
I have never needed to buy another gel liner. It is smooth and creamy, comes in both black and eggplant, and comes with a great angled brush to apply it with.

9)Wet ‘n’ Wild Color Icon Eyeshadow Trios $2.99
This is fool-proof eyeshadow. With twelve different palattes to choose from, and the words “lid” ”crease” and “browbone” printed on the shadows, even a girl new to makeup can create a beautiful eyeshadow look. Two great everyday neutral palettes which come with a pink, brown and cream color, are Walking on Eggshells (warm toned) and Sweet as Candy (cool toned). 

10) E.l.f 3-in-1 Mascara $3
I love silicone brushes. I think they apply mascara much better than traditional brushes with less clumping. This one is lengthening, defining and volumizing. This is a great buy for a mascara on a budget.

[pagebreak]
Lips

11) E.l.f. Hyper Shine Gloss $1
This is a perfect simple lip gloss. It comes in eleven colors and has a brush applicator. It is a high shine gloss and adds a hint of color to the lips for a natural-looking glisten.

12) New York Color Ultra-Moist Lipwear $1
After testing three different colors, I am very happy with these lipsticks. All have build-able coverage, were very smooth to apply, and were all beautiful colors. It comes in 10 different shades, and I may pick up the last seven soon!
[pagebreak]
Nails

13) Sinful Colors Nail Polish: $1.99
This nail polish has always been one of my favorite brands. With over 60 shades, it is a great brand to buy the trendy colors of the season. They have glitter, metallic and neon shades in addition to your classic finishes. The polishes apply smoothly and dry to a shine.

Image Sources:
www.eyeslipsface.com
www.nyxcosmetics.com
www.cherryculture.com

My spirit animal is the honey badger.