The ABCs of Boston: Dining, Artisan Jewelry, and a Café

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at BU chapter.

Stephanie’s on Newbury
I took my first trip to Stephanie’s on Newbury back in February for my birthday dinner with some friends, and ever since it has been one of my favorite spots to dine on Newbury Street.  With a cozy and pleasant atmosphere, Stephanie’s on Newbury has a variety of indoor seating options and a fantastic outdoor patio area, perfect for people watching and enjoying the hustle and bustle of the city. 
Stephanie’s on Newbury serves sophisticated comfort food—some of my personal favorites include the warm grilled bruschetta, the open-faced thanksgiving sandwich, and the chicken potpie.  With delicious food, great location, and wonderful wait staff, Stephanie’s on Newbury will always be on my go-to list of places to dine!

Tis?tik
Tis?tik, located in Harvard Square, is an artisan jewelry and accessories store, which showcases the work of Mexican designers.  The owner, Perla Brito Cuevas, was born in Taxco, Mexico and after graduating from Babson College, decided to open her own store that would feature the original pieces that she grew up with.  In the ancient Mayan language, Tis?tik means “a warm welcome.”  With a wide selection of jewelry and handbags, Tis?tik is the perfect spot to find a unique gift for your mother for Mother’s Day, coming up in just a few weeks.

Ula Café
If you venture a little further off campus, you will find Ula Café, a cozy spot located in Jamaica Plain.  Offering an extensive menu from fresh brewed coffee and tea to a variety of baked goods (amazing popovers!) and made-to-order sandwiches, there is something for everyone at Ula Café, even vegetarian diners!  On a nice afternoon, snag a table outside on the patio and your trip to Ula Café will be even more worth your while.  A great neighborhood café for locals to meet up and hang out, Ula Café should be your next stop on an adventure off camp

Shelby Carignan is a sophomore at Boston University studying journalism.