ABCs of Boston: Art, Dining, and the Theater

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at BU chapter.

Museum of Fine Arts
The Museum of Fine Arts, located across from Northeastern’s campus, is not far from our own campus here at BU.  Last weekend was my first time visiting the MFA and I was surprised by how much I enjoyed myself.  The entrance fee for students is free, which made my trip to the MFA all the more worth it.  The museum (a work of art itself) encompasses nearly 450,000 works of art- from ancient Egyptian to contemporary.  With a free afternoon or weekend, the MFA should certainly be on your list of places to go. 

Nubar Restaurant and Lounge
A newer addition to the Cambridge neighborhood, Nubar Restaurant and Lounge is open at the Sheraton Commander Hotel in Harvard Square.  This modern restaurant is a great spot for an extraordinary dining experience.  The menu isn’t extensive but some great selections include the flatbreads and appetizers- both delicious and inexpensive (great for a college student’s budget).  With lounge areas spread throughout the restaurant there are a variety of seating options to enjoy and with spring here Nubar has also opened out-door dining on the patio.  Nubar is the perfect spot for your next dining out experience with your friends! 

Orpheum Theater
Looking to add some variety to your weekend?  If yes, then the Orpheum Theater is the perfect place for you.  Located on Hamilton Place, just a short walk from both Park Street and Downtown Crossing T stops, the Orpheum Theater began as a Music Hall in 1852.  The Orpheum Theater has a philosophy of bringing together theatrical, musical and the performance arts, and with a variety of shows running throughout the month of April and May, there are plenty of opportunities to experience a performance before the semester ends.  

Shelby Carignan is a sophomore at Boston University studying journalism.