18 Thoughts That Run Through Your Mind When You’re Running Late For Class

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at BU chapter.

Being late to class is the worst. Sure, it means less time in the classroom. But it also means tons of running (seriously, if you wanted to exercise you’d go to the gym), a possibly lowered grade (because some professors are cruel), and plenty of awkward moments. We’ve all been there or, to be more accurate, not been there. Here are 18 thoughts we’ve had while running late for class.

1.  Clocks are evil and they must die. 

2. See, I knew clocks were evil. Now my roommate’s up and she wants me to die. 

3. I guess it’s time to get up

4. Mirror, mirror on the wall thanks for telling me I’m not the fairest of them all. Because that’s what I needed this morning.  

5. Who knew finding a pair of jeans without ketchup stains would be so difficult? 

6. There’s 10 minutes until class. I just spilled coffee on my t-shirt. Because life is sooo fair. 

7. Ummmm, how am I going to get to class? Shuttle? Greenline? Run like a maniac? There are more questions than my midterm… 

8. Who knew running was actually involved in running late?

9. Seriously, why is Commonwealth the longest street in the history of streets?   

10. Made it to CAS! Maybe I can still make it on time 

11. Okay, nope! I’m definitely late. And why are these doors so heavy?  

12. Yes everyone, I’m late. Get over it.  

13. Thanks random guy for not moving your backpack. Now I have to make it even more obvious I was late and walk to the only open seat right next to the professor. 

14. Seriously, nobody took any notes in the last 20 minutes?  

15. Okay, now I understand. The professor is rambling about a total unrelated topic.  

16. Keep eyes open. Keep eyes open. 

17. Man, this professor needs to move to Vegas and become a hypnotist. I am getting sleepy

18. Saved by the bell!  

K C

BU '18

BU Contributor
Summer is a Boston University graduate ('15) that received a BS in Journalism with a concentration in magazine journalism. Her interests include editorial design and lifestyle, fashion, and beauty content, as she aspires to be a fashion magazine writer and editor. She is currently a fashion and beauty writer for Bustle.com and previously served as a Campus Correspondent for Her Campus Boston University. Summer likes to think of herself as a lipstick enthusiast and smoothie connoisseur, so when she isn't writing for Bustle, you could probably find her sipping on a strawberry-banana smoothie and planning her next purchases at Sephora. Follow Summer on Twitter @SummerArlexis