This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at BU chapter.

In honor of the NBA playoffs starting last week and pre-finals week (aka the most stressful week of the semester) starting today, I’ve decided a little pick-me-up is in order. For all of you looking for an excuse to keep putting off that paper you have due on Wednesday, or if you’re just in need of a mini-study break here is my gift to you:  a list of the 10 hottest basketball players in the NBA right now.

Disclaimer: this list is by no means conclusive and probably a tad bit biased as I do have a few favorites but I will say that every guy on this list has to be at the very least a 7 which means they can definitely be considered some well-needed eye candy to help push you through this dark time of the semester. In no particular order, here are 10 reasons you should start watching basketball (besides the fact that it’s an awesome sport, of course)

1. Dwight Howard (Houston Rockets)Position:  CenterStatus: TakenSign: SagittariusX Factor: He is probably one of if not the funniest guy in the NBA and I’m not sure what is more attractive: his sense of humor or those arms.

2. Dwyane Wade (Miami Heat)Status: Taken; D. Wade is currently engaged to the beautiful Ms. Gabrielle Union (lucky girl)Sign: CapricornX Factor: This guy can dress. When he’s not in his jersey, he looks like he just stepped out the pages of GQ and I don’t know about you guys but I love a man with style.

3. Chris Paul (LA Clippers)Position: Point GuardStatus: MarriedSign: TaurusX Factor: He is the sweetest Dad. There aren’t too many guys who do their post-game press conference with their kid in their lap and the devotion he has to his son is possibly the sexiest thing ever.

4. Ricky Rubio (Minnesota Timberwolves)Position: Point guardStatus: SingleSign: LibraX Factor: He was born in Barcelona and has that beautiful spanish accent.

5. Carmelo Anthony (New York Knicks)

Position: Small forward/ Power ForwardStatus: MarriedSign: GeminiX Factor: He is so competitive he threw his Olympic Bronze medal in a lake because he doesn’t take third place! You gotta love that kind of drive.

6. Kevin Love (Minnesota Timberwolves)Position: Power forward/ CenterStatus: TakenSign: VirgoX Factor: Also a really funny guy plus (fun fact!) his uncle was lead singer of the Beach Boys!

7. JJ Redick (LA Clippers)Position: Shooting guardStatus: MarriedSign: CancerX Factor: He’s very religious and has four tattoos of bible verses 

8. Kobe Bryant (LA Lakers)Position: Point guardStatus: MarriedSign: VirgoX Factor: Besides the fact that he’s Kobe Bryant obviously, he is multi-lingual! Kobe can speak Italian, Spanish, English and knows some Serbian and French!

9. Chandler Parsons (Houston Rockets)Positiong: Small forward/ Power ForwardStatus: Unknown (there are tons of rumors flying around but no definitive answer)Sign: ScorpioX Factor: He has the dreamiest eyes ever.

10. Kyrie Irving (Cleveland Cavaliers)Position: Point GuardStatus: TakenSign: AriesX Factor: He was actually born in Australia AND (fun fact again) his Dad played basketball for BU!

Special mention goes out to Blake Griffin who is also very hot but I ran out of spots so here’s a beautiful shirt-less picture of him anyway.

Writers of the Boston University chapter of Her Campus.