Tips to Help You Survive Freshman Year

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Bryant chapter.

Freshman year is without a doubt an exciting year! New school, new people to meet, and new things to experience! With so much going on, here are a few tips to help you make the most out of your freshman year:

1. Study Hard- Even though there are so many more fun things to do besides studying, don’t lose focus of what you’re really in college for; getting an education. Be sure to have all your homework done before saying yes to that mall trip with your friends!

2. Get Involved– College is all about putting yourself out there and trying new things! By joining a club or activity you can have the opportunity to meet new people who share some of the same interests as you!

3.  Be Social- Try not to hide away in your dorm room. Instead, shut your laptop, turn off the TV and go out to talk to people! It can be as easy as starting a conversation with the person sitting next to you in class, or introducing yourself to a new group of people in the dining hall! Meeting new people can be scary and sometimes awkward, but it doesn’t have to be! Just be yourself, and making friends will come naturally!

4.  Find that Special Someone– Even though were here for academics, we’re all thinking it! College is the prime time for dating and finding that one guy or girl who will stand out to you! With going to a school that has a 60:40 ratio, there are plenty of opportunities to find out what you’re interested in. So, again get yourself out there and find that one person that seems right for you!

5. Have Fun! – There are times to be serious and academic, but there is also plenty of time for fun! Engage in activities and events that are offered on campus! Also, everyone knows that college students love to party! The memories that you make in college are ones that will last a lifetime, so don’t be afraid to go out on the weekends too! 

My name is Kim Crescentini and I am from Monson, Massachusetts. I love to write and a fun fact about me is that I am obsessed with the color pink!