This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Bryant chapter.

We all know Jason Derulo’s new single featuring 2 Chainz, “Talk Dirty to Me” (and if you don’t, go listen to it right away!) But how exactly does one “talk dirty”? When thinking of heating things up in the bedroom it’s common to think only of getting physical; however the spoken word can be just as arousing. Speaking or hearing stimulating words can enhance the intensity of the moment and allows you to unleash an expressive side of yourself. For a new and fun experience, Her Campus Bryant has some tips and tricks for talking the talk.

1. Be ComfortableTalking dirty is something that may push at the boundaries of your comfort zone, but remember to stay relaxed. Otherwise, you will end up sounding more ridiculous than sexy. Find some phrases that you can picture yourself saying, that way you feel comfortable in the heat of the moment and you still feel like you. Keep in mind when talking dirty you still want to be you, just a sexier more expressive version.
  2. The Inflection of Your VoiceYour voice is a vital part to talking dirty. The way you say particular phrases is what sets the mood. Turn a simple phrase into something seductive by whispering or accentuating certain words. In order to do this, get yourself in the right mind-set. Listen to some music that turns you on or read a racy novel like 50 Shades of Grey.  
  3. What to SayNow that you have those down, what should you say? Here are some suggestions to try out:

“I want you so bad.”

“I’ve wanted you all day.”

“I love what you’re doing with your lips.”

“You look so sexy right now.”

“What are you going to do to me?”

“You always know how to turn me on.”

“I love it when you touch me there.”

“Do you like it when I kiss you like this?”

“I love getting on top of you.”

“I love seeing you take your shirt off.”

“I love kissing your neck.”

Limits to Keep in MindYou may want to talk to your lover about boundaries. There are some words that your partner might not particularly like hearing, talk it out beforehand so things stay sexy rather than awkward. Also, remember talking dirty does not necessarily mean swearing or talking trashy. Find a zone that works for the two of you and you’ll be in for a heated experience.

Next time you decide to get things on with your significant other, try dirty talking for a heightened, erotic time. And remember, Her Campus wants all of our readers to stay safe! Use a condom, and enjoy!