Robbie McCabe: Mr. Bryant

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Bryant chapter.

Name: Robbie McCabe

Birthday: December 24, 1995

Year: Sophomore

Major: Politics and Law

Hometown: Marlborough, Massachusetts

Fun Fact: I play the guitar and bass.

Woman Crush Wednesday: Princess Kate Middleton or Catherine, Duchess of Cambridge.

Relationship Status: Single and ready to mingle.

Dreams in Life: To win Mr. Bryant and be named a Campus Cutie in Her Campus.

Campus Involvements: Model UN, Colleges Against Cancer, The Honors Council.

HC: What interested you in participating in Mr. Bryant?

Mr. Bryant: I had gone to the show last year and it looked like a lot of fun. Plus it was raising a lot of money for great causes like the Tomorrow Fund. I also wanted to get myself out there and do something that was completely out of my comfort zone, like getting up on stage and doing a silly dance in front of everyone.

HC: This year’s theme was Disney! Did you like it?

Mr. Bryant: I am a big fan of Disney movies so I did enjoy the theme a lot. Being the campus prince also gives me a little bit of a shot to be on the same level as somebody like my WCW Princess Kate.

HC: How did you prepare for the show?

Mr. Bryant: To be honest I didn’t prepare a whole lot for my casual wear. I just kind of went out there and did it. As for the Mr. Bryant song that I wrote for my talent section, I had written that in about 20 minutes and I practiced that for a couple weeks. It was a parody of the Hanukkah song by Adam Sandler so I also listened to that a million times for inspiration. As for the questions and answer part of the show, I honestly had no idea that I would make it all the way to the finalS and we never received any of the questions in advance so I was completely unprepared for that part of the show.

HC: What was your favorite part of the show?

Mr. Bryant: My favorite part of the show was definitely, without any question, the talent portion. I was in a band in high school and I hadn’t played in front of an audience in such a long time, so it was the best feeling in the world to be back on stage. I didn’t know how the crowd was going to react to my song, so when everyone started laughing it was such a sigh of relief for me because it would have been just so awkward standing up there and singing something that was intended to be funny. Once the crowd started laughinG, my confidence in my performance just skyrocketed tenfold.

HC: What will you take away from your experience?

Mr. Bryant: Doing Mr. Bryant was one of the coolest things I have done in my life, and winning it was just extra icing on the cake. Through the process I formed some new friendships and grew a little more outgoing than I usually I am. I was also glad I could help be a part of a show that benefits such a wonderful cause.