Rayna Felicia Soni- Author of Novel “Rio’s World”

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Bryant chapter.

Class: 2015

Major/Minor: International Business/ Chinese

Hometown: Dubai, United Arab Emirates

Bryant Involvement: Bryant Singers, Bryant Players, International Student Organization, Multicultural Student Union, Bryant Bowling Club, Linkd Through Leadership, Student Programming Board

Favorite thing about Bryant: All the opportunities to get involved and the close-knit community.

HC: Congratulations on the book! What made you want to write a novel?

RS: I actually didn’t set out with a plan to write a novel, it just accidentally turned into one.

HC: Where did your inspiration for the story come from?

RS: The book actually started as a bedtime story for my little brother, Rishi… Just kidding, Rishi is the one that goes to school here. I meant my other brother who’s nine years younger than I am, Rithik.

HC: What was your favorite part of the publishing experience?

RS: This might sound lame, but every time I got an email from my publisher, I’d just get re-excited that this was actually happening.

HC: Are you planning to write any more books in the future?

RS: I am! Rio’s World actually ends with a cliff-hanger, so I’m currently writing part 2… and then in the summer I got stuck and came up with a whole different story for a completely new book. Now I’m trying to juggle both of those stories. Darn.

HC: Do you have any advice for the aspiring writers?

RS: I don’t really think I’m in the position to really give advice yet, but be persistent and find a publisher with a good Marketing team!

HC: Where can we purchase Rio’s World?

RS: https://www.tatepublishing.com/bookstore/book.php?w=9781634497114

At the link above!

Right now it’s available on Tate Publishing’s website. If you go there and type in ‘Rio’s World’, you should be able to find it! The official release date is on January 6th 2015!