Joe O’Shea: Bryant Men’s Basketball Captain

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Bryant chapter.

Joe O’Shea has been a stand out player for the Bryant University Men’s Basketball team since he transferred to Bryant his sophomore year from Holy Cross. Joe has been named to the Northeast Conference Academic Honor Roll during his time at Bryant as well as being named to the 2012-2013 National Association of Basketball Coaches Honors Court. As a captain of the team during his final season, Joe led the bulldogs through a successful season and ultimately to a NEC semifinal game. Watch his incredible three point shot that went viral and learn more about Joe here!

Name: Joe O’Shea

Year: Senior

Major/minor: MBA (Finance)

Position on the court: Small Forward

Fun fact: I am addicted to Sour Patch Kids and Skittles

Her Campus:  Tell us a little bit about yourself. Outside of basketball, what are your interests? Hobbies?

Joe O’Shea: Golf, reading, watching TV and arguing politics with Shane

HC:  Why did you chose to come to Bryant University?

JO: Holy Cross parties were for the birds

HC: Favorite thing about Bryant?

JO: My teammates

HC:  In light of your recent amazing shot against the Sacred Heart Pioneers that tied up the game and brought the Bulldogs into double overtime and eventually a victory, would you say it is your new favorite basketball memory?

JO: I blacked out after the shot so not sure

HC: How surreal was it to see yourself all over sports news outlets after the game and the next morning?

JO: It was hard to believe. I didn’t expect it to be that big a deal

HC: What inspired you to start playing basketball?

JO: Golfers don’t get girls in high school

HC: What is your favorite thing about being part of the Bryant Men’s Basketball team?

JO: Listening to Andy and Shane complain about practice

HC: Plans for after graduation?

JO: Hoping to play basketball overseas or get into coaching