Date Ideas for the Broke

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Bryant chapter.

Looking for date ideas when you have little to no money to spend? Here are a few dates that are sure to brighten your day and not hurt your wallet.

·        Catch a sports game with your partner. Bryant University games are at no cost to Bryant students.

·        Bryant at Night Events, mostly held on Friday nights, are free of charge and also include free food and often free giveaways such as prizes and gift cards. Guests are always welcome if your date does not attend Bryant.

·        Study together! This may not seem like a fun date but college can be very hard on couples who are used to going on dates often and now just can’t find the time in their schedules due to the need for study hours. Studying together can be a good way to squeeze in some extra hours together that week.

·        Hit the gym- After you are comfortable enough that it doesn’t matter whether or not you have makeup on, or are in all sweats and complaining that you’re on your period, it won’t matter if you are sweaty at the gym, you will actually love having that person by your side encouraging you to keep it up.

·        Netflix- start a new series together and only watch it when you are together. No skipping ahead. It will always give you an excuse to see each other again.