Creative Ways to Give Cash as a Gift

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Bryant chapter.

Now that Thanksgiving is over, it’s time to start buying Christmas gifts! Cash is one of the easiest gifts to give, and is guaranteed to be appreciated. But let’s be real, nothing’s more boring than handing someone a Christmas card and sticking $20 in it. That’s why we’ve found some creative ways to present your gift!

Cash in a Cup

Get a plastic Starbucks (or Dunkin) cup and fill it with goodies! This one has chapstick and nail polish, but you can include makeup, jewelry, or even small bags of candy. Add some cash or a gift card, and your girlfriends are guaranteed to love their gift.

Candy Jar

Buy a mason jar and fill it with small candies. We recommend Christmas colored M&M’s, but you can use Skittles, Reese’s Pieces, or even Swedish Fish. Get something to wrap the cash in, such as a koozie, cup holder, or wrapping paper. Remember, you don’t want the money in contact with the candy. Cash can be very dirty, so that wouldn’t be sanitary. Put the money into the center of the candy jar, and tie it up with a bow and gift tag!

Box of Chocolate

This one is pretty simple! Empty out a box of assorted chocolates and fill the wrappers with gifts! For an extra touch try to use different values of bills, and even dollar coins.   

Quarter Candy

For this one go to a local bank and ask them to turn your cash into quarters. Also ask for quarter rolls. Wrap the quarter rolls in wrapping paper so they look like candies! It’s perfect for college students who need quarters for laundry.

In Case of Emergency…

First you’ll need a photo frame. You can find nice ones at Michaels, but CVS and Christmas Tree Shops have  cheaper ones. Where you’d typically place a picture, mount cash instead! Finish it off by writing “In case of emergency, break glass.” This is also a great way to give chocolate bars as gifts. Because honesty, there’s no emergency some candy or a little spending money can’t solve