Best Local Restaurants and Eateries near Bryant University

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Bryant chapter.

Smithfield may be a small, boring town, but it has one major advantage: the best places to eat hands down. Listed below are the best restaurants located around Bryant, so you know exactly where to eat off campus when you get sick of Salmo or Nick’s place:

1.       Parente’s – mostly used by Bryant students as the go-to bar during the week, this bar and restaurant also has fabulous food and a large menu, not to mention that it’s walking distance since it’s basically located on campus. If you happen to go at night, try the free popcorn… you won’t regret it.

2.       Such a Bagel – located in the Shell gas station plaza on Washington Highway, this café has the best bagels, breakfast sandwiches, pastries, and coffee hands down.

3.       J’s Deli – also located in the Shell gas station plaza, this deli makes the most unique sandwiches that are tasty, huge, and come with a free pickle! Not to mention there’s about 50 different sandwiches to choose from.

4.       Pick Pockets – located in the Shell gas station plaza, Pick Pockets has Mediterranean cuisine including falafel, salads, deli wraps, and more. Super healthy and delicious!

5.       Asia Grille – the most famous Chinese restaurant in town, it’s located in the Lincoln Mall next to the dollar store. Thursday nights you’ll find Bryant students doing Karaoke and singing their hearts out at Asia Grille.

6.       Yamato Steakhouse – one word: sushi. This inexpensive Japanese steakhouse has both sushi and hibachi dinners (chicken hibachi is only $12)! It may just be the best thing that’s ever happened to Smithfield, RI.

7.       Mary Lou’s Coffee – Ok, so this isn’t a restaurant, but if you love coffee and don’t already know what Mary Lou’s is, you have to try it. They have a million different flavors of coffee and frozen drinks to choose from, but warning: you may become addicted.

8.       Pleasant View Diner – It’s a weekend morning and you and your roommate are sick of Salmo brunch. Don’t fear, go to Pleasant View Diner and get a hearty brunch! Hint: get the “Not so Hungry Man”… only $6 for pancakes, eggs, bacon, toast, and homefries, how can you say no?

9.       Tony’s Family Pizzeria – Located next to Pleasant View Diner, Tony’s is a local favorite and has incredible pizza with so many toppings to choose from!

10.   Blackie’s Bulldog Tavern – it has Bulldog in the name so obviously it’s a Bryant favorite. This tavern is great if you’re in the mood for a delicious burger. Try the nachos as well, you can’t go wrong.