This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Bryant chapter.

1.       Thanksgiving morning can be a little rough if you spent the night before reuniting with hometown friends

2.       So the first step is to get better WITHOUT eating too much

3.       Once you are feeling like a human again, try to distract yourself from food 

4.       By looking at Black Friday ads

5.       Or watching the parade

6.       You could even help your mom cook or set the table, but that normally turns into…

7.       Or you could put together a stylish yet stretchy outfit. Remember: leggings are your friend. Try to avoid this..

8.       Once the appetizers are put out, you might want to start shoving your face

9.       But you must refrain… the most important event is still to come

10.   Once you sit down you are ready to eat

11.   But then someone suggests that you should all go around the table and say what you are thankful for and you’re like

12.   Everyone is finally done and it’s time to start passing around the food

13.   Instead of over doing it on a few things (mashed potatoes, stuffing, rolls) it is best to get a little of everything

14.   Once you have eaten everything on your plate, it is time to go back for more of your favorite Thanksgiving dish

15.   It is important to then have a time out from eating to watch football (or admire football players)

16.   When you hear “dessert!!” proceed with caution

17.   In order to eat every kind of pie available, it is imperative to ask for the smallest piece of each one

18.   After hours of socializing, game playing, and football watching it is probably time for another Thanksgiving tradition…the left over sandwich

19.   Enjoy that leftover sandwich of turkey, stuffing, mashed potatoes and gravy….

20.   Then it’s time to pass out