This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Bryant chapter.

1. The Big E is a fall must

We wait every year for their huge arrangement of fried food. Fried oreo? We’ll take three.

Photo

2.  Everyone attends at least one fair in the fall

Riverton Fair, Hartland Fair, Durham Fair, Goshen Fair, Apple Harvest Festival, you get the point. We have a lot.

Photo

3.   Fourth grade = Mark Twain House Field Trip

The highlight of that year. You didn’t really care about the field trip, but the gift shop was cool and hey, no school.

Photo

4. Blueback square in West Hartford is the ‘it place’ for going out to dinner

Namely Bartaco, The Elbow Room, The Cheesecake Factory are the go-to’s. You’re also probably sad about Umi closing (no more conveyor belt sushi.)

Photo

5.  THEY’RE GRINDERS

Not hoagies, not subs, grinders.

Photo

6.  Hartford is “the city”

It’s sketchy as heck and you probably don’t go there for day trips but that’s what our state has to offer.

Photo

7.   New Haven pizza is the best pizza

It’s pretty much Modern and BAR pizza for the win. You’ll never be able to change our minds, so don’t bother trying.

Photo

8.  People from Greenwich are rich and snobby

We hear you’re from Greenwhich and we’re already making judgements. Sorry, how could we not when you all live in mansions, wear Vineyard Vines, and have second houses at the beach?

Photo

9. Heublein Tower hikes

Perfect for every season. Beautiful sights to see spring, summer, and fall, but also a little hill to ski or board down in the winter!

Photo

10.  We think we’re good drivers until we get to a real city

CT Driving Schools didn’t prepare us for Boston during rush hour.

Photo

11.  Summer concerts at the Meadows are the move

Going to DMB or Rascal is pretty much a right of passage in CT. Guaranteed, you’ve been to one of these if not both, along with just about every other concert on the megaticket.  

Photo

12.  Shows at The Oakdale Theater are hit or miss.

From weeknight EDM at the dome to big Disney Channel stars in the theater, we’ve seen our share. For as many good shows we’ve seen, we’ve also seen as many sh*t shows.

Photo

13. You go to an obscene amount of bonfire parties

Hands down in high school you attended one, if not more, bonfire parties in the middle of the woods. There is also a good chance the cops showed up and you found yourself running into trees, because who in their right minds has a bonfire in the woods?

Photo

14.  80% of us go to UConn and we’re all Husky fans

Everyone knows the UConn Huskies and just at least half of your graduating class attends UConn. It doesn’t matter if you know no one on the women’s basketball team, just coming from CT will make you a fan.

Photo

15.  Your parents are probably from CT

Once you’re in CT, you probably won’t ever leave. There is a good chance that most of your ancestors are also from here because, although there may be nothing to do in CT, it is a relatively good state to live in.

Photo

16.  The Merritt Parkway is THE WORST

No matter the time of day, this two lane highway is sure to have traffic somewhere along it. God bless your soul if you have to drive on this during the morning commute.

Photo

17.  We have Foxwoods and Mohegan Sun but no one’s trying to make the trip

We may be a big gambling state due to the fact that there is absolutely nothing else to do here. The commute can be awfully long though, making it a hassle to get there and back.

Photo

18. There’s no dominant baseball or football team

We are in the middle of two rivalry states. Yankees vs. Red Sox, and Patriots vs. NY Giants. Our state is pretty much split down the middle.

Photo

19.  We always go to other towns to do things

Going to other towns to hang out and go places is super normal. Rarely will you ever stay in your own town to do something fun, because that’s just not the way it works.

Photo

20.  Ski Sundown in the winter

Not only did you go there for ski club in elementary school, but you probably have a handful of friends from high school who work(ed) there.

Photo

21. We play lacrosse in the spring

We picked up sticks as soon as we could. Not only does every lax boy/girl completely embody the lax player stereotype, but naturally your school is probably good too. Connecticut LOVES lax.

Photo

22. Lyman Orchards in the fall

Such a CT favorite. Apple picking, corn mazes, and who could forget about their amazing apple cider donuts. Such a mouth watering delight, can it be fall yet?

Photo

23. Lake Compounce/ Six Flags trips in the Summer

This may be one of the only things to do in the summer. It wasn’t even that fun looking back now. Waiting in hour long lines for two minute rides and downing free soda to quench our thirst really isn’t as exciting as it used to be.

24.   There’s nothing to do

We say this all the time, but realistically we can always find something. Though not as exciting as other states, Connecticut is home and where a piece of our hearts will always be.

Photo

Ana Deacon

Bryant '18

*Insert lyrics to "All Star" by Smash Mouth* Bryant University Class of 2019
Bryant University Class of 2019 I am a caffeine dependent human being that enjoys avoiding all responsibilities. Blogging is a new passion of mine, hope you're a supporter. Love all the homies that read my articles. Xoxo B