Which Housemate Are You?

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Bristol chapter.

Ever wondered what role you played in your House? Are you the organised one? The argumentative one? Or even, the leader of the pack? Take this simple quiz, and find out once and for all…. which housemate are you? All you have to do is pick a),b),c),d) or e), count how many of each letter you get and find the answer below! 

1) There is a pile of washing up by the sink. What do you do?

a) Get the marigolds on and get stuck in.

b) Shrug your shoulders as you add another plate.

c) Do your own, but leave everything else.

d) Glance at it but then remember: none of it is yours, anyway. 

e) Leave it. You’ve got a pre-drinks to go to!

2) There’s a cool event happening this weekend that you saw on Facebook. What do you do?

a) Hurry everyone together to buy tickets in unison. 

b) Immediately rummage through the floor of your room for your fave dress. 

c) Wait until the last minute to buy your ticket; you need to see how much work you get done. 

d) Ask your coursemates if they’re going. 

e) Nothing. You’ve already got your tickets and a group of boogiers sorted. 

3) There are bills to pay :( What do you do? 

a) Pay it immediately; your house already has a standing order ready.

b) Rely on someone else to pay, and pay them back when you have the cash.

c) Let someone else pay it and pay them back almost immediately after essay submission day. 

d) Begrudgingly pay it. You don’t even shower at yours…

e) Pay by bank transfer. You’re transferring cash to to a girl selling a Motion ticket anyway.

4) It’s Sunday Funday!! What are you planning to do with your house? 

a) You’ve already been to Sainsbury’s and are preparing for the roast tonight as we speak. 

b) Cleaning – you’ve been forced by your housemates to remove all your crap from the kitchen table.

c) Nothing – seminar work must be prioritised. 

d) Nothing – you are seeing a friend from your sports team instead. 

e) Sleeping/Movies – you need to recover from last night. 

5) There’s a house argument! How do you deal with it?

a) Sit everyone down for a house meeting. 

b) Avoid confrontation, but try extra hard to be on your best house behaviour.

c) Take your frustration out on work and channel that negative energy. 

d) Go to your friend’s house and have an old-fashioned rant at theirs. 

e) Get everyone together for hosue bonding over cocktails. 

6) It’s the start of the year, how do you decide rooming?

a) Put names in a hat and do it fairly. 

b) Have a casual discussion and hope no-one will be disappointed .

c) Draw out a floor plan and try to do it as quickly and painlessly as possible. 

d) Opt for the worst room, you won’t be there much and CBA for any drama. 

e) Over a drinking game: making it fun so there’s no argument. 

7) The awkward time has come… Re-housing! What is your plan? 

a) Have a conversation as soon as possible (start of November, naturally) to sense who is in and who is out to avoid hurt feelings. 

b) Have a rough plan, but don’t really organise yourself until January.

c) Act with military precision. You are already signed up to Right-Move and have next year’s roomies signing a contract. 

d) Avoid the fact that you won’t be re-rooming with the same people, until the last minute. 

e) Go with the flow, choose a couple bessie mates and let them sort you out. 

8) DUN, DUN,  DUUUUUN. It’s exam time! How are you dealing with the stress in the house?

a) You work during the day and make sure something fun is planned for after dinner. 

b) Your notes are all over the place and you’ve taken all the communal post-it notes and pens. 

c) You shun the house in favour of the Queen’s Library where even a whisper is forbidden. 

d) You escape the ‘exam’osphere and opt for a study session with a tutorial buddy in Costa.

e) Work hard, play hard, baby. 

Soooo, what did you get? 

Mostly a)

You are the mother of the group. You are constantly organising everyone together to do both fun and house-related activites, from group cinema trips to creating the cleaning rota. You are arguably one of the key members of the house as you not only to make sure that everything is done, but that everyone is happy too. Sometimes, it feels like responsibility falls on you. Feel free to take a back seat and let others be the driver sometimes. 

Mostly b) 

Boy, are you messy! Your books are all over the living room, your shoes by the front door and you are creating a collection of mugs in your room. You are definitely the least-organised one in the house, but this doesn’t mean that you are bad to live with. You always have people’s feelings in mind, and know when you need to get your act together. 

Mostly c) 

Work, work, work is your motto. Whilst you are with your house at weekends, the library is your second home during the week. Often fun events with friends are shunned in favour of reading. Although your work ethic is admirable, remember, you do need a break every so often. 

Mostly d)

“She doesn’t even go here!”, Come on gal and get involved! Yes you might’ve found that you sorted your house too early last year and have made better friends in the interim, but there’s nothing wrong with some house-bonding from time to time. You don’t have to indulge all your effort in re-kindling those first term friendships, but remember, this is your house too and you should be able to have fun being there. 

Mostly e) 

The sound of bass pounds from your room and your en-suite is a constant cloud of glitter. Mind the empty tequila bottles, because you are the party queen! It’s great being the life and soul of a household, and everyone needs that one friend to tell them which club events to go to. However, don’t forget that 2nd (and 3rd etc) count! You can still play hard, but you need to buckle down and get all your work done too. 

Becky is Editor of Fashion Features for Her Campus Bristol. Her favourite designers are Maison Margiela and Faustine Steinmetz! Her favourite articles to write are Budget Blogs and discussions that tackle prejudice in the Fashion Industry. Streetstyle and underground trends are also firm favourites of this Editor. 
Ella is one of the two CC's for Her Campus Bristol. She is currently in her final year at the University of Bristol, reading English Literature. Ella loves buffets, art and fashion - she is hoping to make it as the next Anna Wintour. You can follow her on Twitter @ella_wills where she will mostly post mindless attempts at humour.