This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Brandeis chapter.

When the going gets tough (aka finals week), I always like to take a minute and remind myself of the many wonderful things I will get to do once I make it through this not-so-exciting period. There’s a light at the end of the tunnel, and remembering that makes it much easier to keep plowing through that mountain of work.

Seeing old friends.

I don’t know about you, but every time I am home on break I try my hardest to reunite with as many hometown friends as I can. Nothing is better than catching up, reminiscing, and spending some much deserved free time with great friends.

Spending time with family.

Over the holidays especially, it is extremely comforting to spend some quality time with your family. Whether it’s watching some TV, sharing a meal, going for a walk, or anything in between, spending time with your family will help you recover from the stresses of finals week.

Eating delicious food.

Any time I am on a break, I use it as an excuse to eat tons and tons of delicious food that you can’t find in Sherman or Usdan. I make to hit up all my hometown favorites, and indulge in as much delicious home-cooked food as possible—hey, treat yourself! You deserve it!

Binge-watching Netflix.

If you’re like me, you have fallen into the terrible trap in which you have discovered a new show on Netflix and are dying to watch it (shout out to Parks and Rec!), but you have to study. The struggle could not be more real. However, I just keep reminding myself that in a few days I will get to watch to my heart’s content. 

I am a double major in Anthropology and International/Global Studies with a minor in Creativity, the Arts, and Social Transformation at Brandeis University. As a native Southern Californian, I have a born passion for avocados and an innate dread of cold weather. In my free time I love cooking (with avocados of course), drawing and writing.