Last Minute Halloween Costume Ideas

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Brandeis chapter.

Halloween’s just days away, but odds are you’ve been too busy studying for midterms to plan out what your costume. But avoid just throwing on a pair of cat ears for the 3rd year in a row or buying an expensive, cheesy, pre-made costume you’ll never wear again. You can still have a creative costume without having to go to a million different stores. Here are a few simple, low maintenance, and pop-culturally relevant last minute costume ideas.

Hipster
What’s easier or more comfortable than throwing on a flannel shirt and black leggings? All you need to do to perfect your outfit is pop out the lenses of a pair of 3D movie theater glasses, criticize anything that is “too mainstream” (everything), and get a tattoo of a feather on your ribcage.

Bath Salt Zombie
This costume is pretty similar to a regular zombie but you can just carry around a shaker of salt to be a bit more culturally relevant.

90s TV Icon
The kids who watched TV in the 90s may have have fonder memories of their favorite character’s life growing up than of their own. Some of these shows’ characters would be great to turn into group or couples costumes too. If you can’t remember every show, this list and this other list cover all the best ones. Here are just a few of my favorites: Cher (from Clueless); Kelly (from Saved by the Bell); Misty (from Pokemon); and Daria (from Daria).

LBD wearing Celebrity: Snooki/ Adele/ Audrey Hepburn
Yeah, these are all completely different ideas–but all of them are known for wearing Little Black Dresses! So just get out your dress and accessorize according to who ever you choose.
For Snooki: get some self-tanner, leopard print anything, and stuff your dress with a baby bump
For Adele: add red lipstick, wing-tip your eyeliner, and pouf up your hair
For Audrey: put your hair in a bun, wear a gaudy necklace and long gloves

A Stripper
Don’t think too hard about how to execute a sexy version of a rodent, and just get straight to the point. Now you can wear (or not wear) a super hot dress, impractical lingerie, come up with a ridiculously awesome pseudonym.  

Andrea is a sociology major with minors in journalism and women's and gender studies. She is currently finishing her senior year at Brandeis University. She was born and reared in Los Angeles, CA, which does mean that she is a die-hard Laker fan… Sorry Bostonians. When Andrea is not routing on her favorite basketball team, she dedicates her time to her many passions. They include reading and writing about fashion, traveling, exploring new restaurants, spending time with friends, watching reality television (she has a weak spot for Bravo), shopping, and working out.