This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Brandeis chapter.

Jesse Leung is the total package. He has brains, athleticism, looks, and creativity. Luckily, Her Campus was scored an interview with Leung where he filled us in on his guilty pleasures, his job at Abercrombie and Fitch, his lab research, and much more. Read on!

Jesse Leung

Year:2014
Hometown:Warwick, RI
Major– Neuroscience and Biology

HerCampus:What on campus activities you participate in?
Jesse:First semester of my college career, I was part of the Brandeis-Wellesley Orchestra. Since it was a time intensive commitment, I was unable to juggle it my second semester along with my classes. Next semester I am going to be a TA for COSI2A (Computer Science), and I do research in the Nelson Lab here on campus. I am an also an active member of the Trisk and would like to join the Neuroscience Club soon.

HC: Can you tell us about your music career?
Jesse:I have always been an active member in the music community. In high school, I played the violin for the Rhode Island All State Orchestra, the All-Eastern Orchestra, and many preparatory music programs. Nowadays, I study the piano with an incredible professor at the New England Conservatory in Boston.

HC:Rumor has is that you happen to also be a tennis star. What is it like to be not only an academic but also an athlete?
Jesse: I was on the varsity tennis team for three years for my high school, and I served as the captain for two years. I competed in state tournaments, and was competitively ranked. I also ran for the cross country team. Now, I’m not really as involved in athletics as I was before, but I still go to the gym every day in order to stay in shape.
Back in high school, it was difficult to juggle not only sports, but also academics and piano lessons in New York on top of that. With all of the traveling it was all about the time-management.

HC:What other interesting things do you do besides music, neuroscience, and working in the lab?
Jesse: This past summer, I was hired to work as a store model at Abercrombie and Fitch. I was also contacted about being casted in the store catalogue. I was also part of a runway show in Providence Style Week. Right now, I am building up my portfolio to see where I could possibly go with this new outlet, modeling.

HC:What is one thing that is quirky about you that the readers would not typically guess of you?
Jesse: I have an obsession with fine dining. I leave off campus whenever I can to go out to eat with my friends to some bougie restaurants to have good food. I LOVE GOOD FOOD. 

Andrea is a sociology major with minors in journalism and women's and gender studies. She is currently finishing her senior year at Brandeis University. She was born and reared in Los Angeles, CA, which does mean that she is a die-hard Laker fan… Sorry Bostonians. When Andrea is not routing on her favorite basketball team, she dedicates her time to her many passions. They include reading and writing about fashion, traveling, exploring new restaurants, spending time with friends, watching reality television (she has a weak spot for Bravo), shopping, and working out.