This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Brandeis chapter.

Sara Cardenas, Sachar Woods:  Brandeis is home not only to the buildings we know and see everyday, but also acres and acres of woods and trails.  It’s so relaxing to take a nice break from classes and campus life to roam through nature.  The best time to visit the woods is during the fall when all the leaves are turning.  The woods look absolutely breathtaking!  There’s also spots for campfires.  S’mores anyone?!

Brittany Wolfe, Chapels Pond: Tranquility in an often stress-dominated atmosphere is a diamond in the ruff, but I found it as a second semester first year by the Chapels Pond. The serenity of the pond combined with the natural landscape is the alternative when studying in your room fails you. I especially like that this location is not completely secluded, so I can still see familiar faces wander by every so often.

Heather DeNoble, Mandel Benches: I know the Mandel Atrium gets a lot of hype for it’s comfy chairs and cool light fixtures, but personally, one of my favorite spots is actually the benches on the ground floor of Mandel. The benches are right along the windows on the ground floor, which provides a ton of great natural light. I love any place on campus with natural light, and these huge windows provide a completely unobstructed view of the outside, as well as constant rays of sunshine.  I like to sit on these benches when I need to be really productive, because they face classrooms that are usually occupied, and you can see right into the rooms. Seeing people taking notes and being super studious in class always motivates me to be productive, and I can get a lot accomplished sitting on those Mandel benches.

Max Gould, Rock Hill Overlooking Pearlman: Brandeis is known for its hilly campus and steep walks to class. When we’re not climbing to class, it’s only fair that we take advantage of some of the benefits of these hills. Hidden beyond the trees behind Schwartz Hall is a small hill with bench overlooking Pearlman. High up amongst the clouds this is the perfect spot for a secluded and relaxing night.

Chloe Newlon, Goldman-Schwartz: Goldman-Schwartz houses the campuses studio arts courses, and is tucked away along the path to the International Business School. I love the eclectic architecture of Goldman-Schwartz from not only the outside, but inside as well: each classroom is enclosed in its own little nook, and walking through the building is always a treat because if the doors are open, you can peek in and see what students are working on, or admire the art displayed on the walls. The cherry on top is the swing around the side of the building. Not only do you get a great view of the trees on the edge of campus back there, but if you’re feeling brave, you can also swing yourself up over the railing and onto the back patio of the building. I have always found this to be a private, quiet place to think, or to bring friends.

I am a double major in Anthropology and International/Global Studies with a minor in Creativity, the Arts, and Social Transformation at Brandeis University. As a native Southern Californian, I have a born passion for avocados and an innate dread of cold weather. In my free time I love cooking (with avocados of course), drawing and writing. 
Brittany is a senior at Brandeis University. She loves looking for exciting new volunteer opportunities in and around her community, spreading school spirit working in Brandeis admissions, and sharing memories from her semester abroad in Denmark. In her free time, you might find her browsing Spotify for new music, scouting out hole-in-the-wall food joints, or face-timing with her eleven year old brother. Check her out on Instagram @britt_wolfe for snapshots of her life and if you're hungry, check out her foodstagram @diningonthedaily!