Guide to Spring Fashion

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Brandeis chapter.

After a blissful turned dreadful winter, it’s finally time to begin to stow away the heavy winter coats, fleece-lined leggings, and chunky sweaters and in exchange, replenish your parched closet with tanks, boho-inspired denim, and sneakers. Yes, I said sneakers. This spring, fashion sneakers make a huge imprint in the fashion world and are a staple in any fashionista’s closet. Spring is the ideal time to experiment with mixing and matching your favorite skinnies with the tank tops you bought during last year’s “End of The Summer Clearance Event” for brunch with friends, night out on the town, and even during the holidays. Among spring holidays, are the ever fast approaching Easter and Passover. Pastels, florals, and denim are suitable for your holiday festivities and create the perfect bridge between casual and dressy.

Here are a few outfits that are hassle-free and compliment-worthy to help you celebrate the holidays this spring:

All- over denim has made a huge comeback this season. Denim dresses are a quick, easy, and chic ensemble for dinner with the family or Easter egg hunting with the neighborhood kids. The blue band in the fedora perfectly complements the saturated blue dress and is perfect for keeping your hair intact during those light spring breezes.

And if you’re obsessed with rompers…This is an effortlessly chic outfit that confirms that April showers do in fact bring May flowers, as shown with this gorgeous romper. Pair it with a pair of brown riding boots and a glistening headband and your outfit is complete!

If you’re tempted to bring back the white jean…go for it! Pair with a free-flowing deep blue tank and a pair of comfy flats.

Once the holidays have passed and you’re in desperate need of a comfy and casual, yet undeniably cute, check out these three looks:

Pair a denim romper with a white tank and versatile black fashion sneaker

Black and white doesn’t have to be basic. Pair this adorable combo with a yellow cardigan for a subtle pop of color

Feeling nautical? Try a pair of skinnies with a striped tank and strappy gladiator sandals for Sunday brunch with the girls.

Brittany is a senior at Brandeis University. She loves looking for exciting new volunteer opportunities in and around her community, spreading school spirit working in Brandeis admissions, and sharing memories from her semester abroad in Denmark. In her free time, you might find her browsing Spotify for new music, scouting out hole-in-the-wall food joints, or face-timing with her eleven year old brother. Check her out on Instagram @britt_wolfe for snapshots of her life and if you're hungry, check out her foodstagram @diningonthedaily!
I am a Junior at Brandeis University who is passionate about writing and who loves surfing the web for useful articles and having fun doing what I like.