This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Brandeis chapter.

Year: 2016

Hometown: Sharon, MA- the best small town to live in America according to CNN Money Magazine!

Major: Economics & Business

Relationship Status: Taken

Her Campus: What are you involved with on campus?

Dewey Yoo: I am an active member of Brandeis FC, the club soccer team on campus; an active member of Global Brigades: Microfinace; and a member of Starving Artists! It’s been a challenge establishing Brandeis FC and the Microfinance chapter of Global Brigades as stable groups because they are both relatively new groups and in still in their beginning stages. Show some love and support BFC and Global Brigades (and Starving Artists!).

HC: Why did you decide to join Starving Artists?

DY: I joined Starving Artists because I love music. Music has always been an important part of my life: I started playing cello at a very young age and picked up the guitar in Middle School. Though I had no prior experience singing in an a capella group, I felt that joining one would be a great way to keep music in my life. I picked Starving Artists in particular because everybody in the group was so kind to me during my audition. As a rookie singer I was nervous during my audition, so I asked to turn the lights off. I remember Sara Taylor (2016) saying “I like it better with the lights off”. I was sold.

HC: What are you doing with the Global Brigades in February?

DY: We are going to the Honduras to establish a system of community banks which will provide local businesses with microfinance loans, and to teach families about financial literacy.

HC: Where do you see yourself in the future?

DY: In California working a job I don’t hate (fingers crossed), buying things I don’t need.

HC: Do you have a weird talent?

DY: I can communicate telepathically with Jared Swezey-Gleason (truth).

HC: What is your favorite Brandeis memory so far?

DY: There was this one rainy day when I climbed an anonymous building on campus with a couple buddies. The flooring of the roof was rubbery and very slippery with the rainwater. My friends and I spent that night taking running starts and sliding all over the roof. It was great.

HC: What do you think about Valentine’s Day?

DY: I think that Valentine’s Day gets a lot of hate that is unwarranted. It’s a day that sucks if you’re single, yes, but it rocks if you’ve got someone special. I for one am a lucky man and have been so fortunate to find the perfect girl for me :) I feel that a lot of people hate on Valentines day because they make the case that you should love your significant other every day. Life can sometimes get boringly rhythmic, so I don’t think its a bad thing to dedicate a day to making your significant other feel special!

Andrea is a sociology major with minors in journalism and women's and gender studies. She is currently finishing her senior year at Brandeis University. She was born and reared in Los Angeles, CA, which does mean that she is a die-hard Laker fan… Sorry Bostonians. When Andrea is not routing on her favorite basketball team, she dedicates her time to her many passions. They include reading and writing about fashion, traveling, exploring new restaurants, spending time with friends, watching reality television (she has a weak spot for Bravo), shopping, and working out.