This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Brandeis chapter.

Hometown: Glen Head, NY
Major: American Studies and Sociology double major with a Social Justice and Policy minor

Her Campus: Did you do anything fun/special over break?
Dan Schreiber: Nothing too crazy. I got to see a lot of my family and friends from high school that I haven’t seen in a while. It was much needed.

HC: What are you involved in on campus?
DS: Besides being a brother in Phi Kappa Psi, I also am Brandeis VoiceMale’s Album Producer this year. We’re an award winning all male a capella group here, and we hope to continue that trend with our upcoming album!

HC: How long have you been singing?
DS: I didn’t really start singing until I got to Brandeis actually. So only I’ve only been singing seriously for about three and a half years. I have always been around music though, and I’ve been playing the Drums since I was in 6th grade and can also play a bit of piano and guitar.

HC: What do you like to do for fun at Brandeis?
DS: Well there’s the obvious stuff, like hanging and partying with friends. Recently we’ve actually been going to the Ice Skating Club on Thursday’s, which is surprisingly awesome.

HC: If you had more time in a day what would you do?
DS: Probably just spend more time hanging out with people I don’t always get to see.

HC: What are three things you could not live without?
DS: Family, Music, and Friends

HC: What is your biggest pet peeve?
DS: Just don’t make promises you can’t keep.

HC: Do you have any hidden talents?
DS: I write surprisingly quickly

HC: What are three qualities you look for most in a girl?
DS:  Being genuine, fun, and interesting.

HC: If you could…

Perform with any singer or artist who would it be: From the past it would be The Beatles, but in the present Justin Timberlake
Have one song stuck in your head for a year: Get Lucky. This has actually happened.
Have one super power: Flying would be pretty sweet.
Go on a date with anyone: Jennifer Lawrence

Favorites:

Movie: Ferris Bueller’s Day Off
TV Show: Boardwalk Empire, The Daily Show, It’s Always Sunny
Fictional Character: Batman. No powers, just a dude with a ton of money, some gadgets, and his own badass skills.
Food: Nothing beats a NY pizza
Singer/Artist: Right now I’m really into Red Hot Chili Peppers
Thing about Brandeis: the people
Class taken at Brandeis: Sports in the Sociological perspective
Guilty Pleasure: video games
Fun Fact: I went skydiving when I was 18. Best decision of my life.

HC: When can we see you perform next?
DS: VoiceMale’s semester show, Steamy Winter, is this Saturday, Dec. 7th @ 7:30pm In Mandel G03. ITS FREE …TELL YOUR FRIENDS! You might get to see me dance…and then laugh your head off.

Rachel is a junior math major and premed student at Brandeis University. She is an EMT and recently joined her school's EMS squad. When she's not busy studying, she enjoys blogging, watching sitcoms, drawing zentangles, folding origami, and eating chocolate.