Brendan Weintraub ’16

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Brandeis chapter.

Brendan Weintraub ’16

•          Major: Health: Science, Society & Policy

•          Minors: International and Global Studies, Hispanic Studies

•          Hometown: Port Washington, NY

•          On-Campus Activities: Member of the 2013-2014 Orientation Core Committee, Kaos Kids, Admissions Ambassador, Staff Assistant for the Office of Prevention Services.

•          Why did you come to Brandeis?

B: It was one of the most academically challenging schools I got into. Everyone here is genuinely nice and they believe in causes that I believe in. This community makes me feel at home.

•          What was one of the most challenging parts about planning Orientation?

B: I would have to say the idea that we had to cater each of our events to different personality types. You had to take into consideration the fact that 900 people would be attending your event, and how could you make it fun for all of them. I think we did an amazing job doing that though!

•          What does the Office of Prevention Services(OPS) do for the students at Brandeis?

B: OPS is a confidential resource on campus. It really offers a lot, whether it be bystander training, which I’m coordinating this semester, a counselor to talk to, or the creation of the new Rape Crisis Center. It’s an office doing amazing work and the staff there are some of the smartest and kindest people on this campus.

-What is bystander training?

B: Bystander training is used to keep our community safe from sexual assault by giving each other support. It seeks to teach students the basics of what sexual assault/misconduct is, as well as give students safe and effective ways of intervening in a risky situation. 

–           What is the best part about Kaos Kids?

B: The best part of Kaos Kids is being able to twerk after a long day with some of the koolest kids on campus.

What is your official name in Kaos Kids?

B: Mi nombre es “Papi”

•          If you could date anyone on Kaos Kids who would it be?

B: Hannah “Bubz” Brooks

•          Who on Kaos Kids would you let date your child?

B: Vanessa “Diva” Alamo

•          What team would you play for at Brandeis?

B: Soccer, I used to play varsity soccer in high school

•          Who’s your biggest rival at dance competitions?

B: Technically, Mocha Moves from MIT beat us last year at Suffolk University during there dance competition… It was our first competition and we came in 2nd!

•          How do you feel about this upcoming dance season?

B: I feel great. The choreography that we are learning is really diverse, I think that will make our team a lot better. We also just brought in 9 newbies and they are all amazing.

Fun Facts

Single or Taken

Single, pero like, ready to mingle

Boxers or Briefs

Boxer Briefs

Favorite Basement to dance in

Levin Ballroom

Favorite movie

Avatar (Big Blue People)

Favorite Color

Blue

Dream Date

Sherman dining hall on a Friday night

Celeb Crush

Matt Bomer

Favorite pop band

Icona Pop

What song was the hardest choreographed dance to in Kaos Kids?

“Work it” by Missy Elliot

DEIS FAST FACTS

Sherman or Usdan?

B:Usdan

Favorite place on campus?

B:SCC

Ever Sherman Shop?

B:Yep

Favorite C-store snag?

B:F’real

Favorite meal from Usdan?

B: Pasta on pasta on pasta

If you could say anything to Louie Brandeis what would it be?

B: Do you like how the university turned out?

Brandeis Parties… what are your thoughts?

B: Or nah

If you could eat lunch with anyone in the world who would it be?

B: Beyoncé (is that even a surprise?)

Repping the 305. From Miami to Boston. Likes: House music, Tuna Fish, Rom Coms, Sunshine Dislikes: Track, Roller coasters, Snakes
I am a Junior at Brandeis University who is passionate about writing and who loves surfing the web for useful articles and having fun doing what I like.