Best Dressed at the Academy Awards

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Brandeis chapter.

If you missed the Academy Awards, no worries. All you need to know is that Boyhood, Birdman, and Lupita Nyong’o’s dress were all big winners that night. Here’s a list of some of picks for best dressed at the Oscars.

Lupita Nyong’o

While her famous, powder blue dress from last year’s Oscars is hard to match, Lupita still managed to do a pretty good job. Wearing Calvin Klein Collection gown consisting of 6,000 pearls, with natural makeup and her signature coif, Lupita looked both high-fashion and graceful.

Jennifer Lopez

Wearing a breathtaking Elie Saab gown that matched her golden bronze complexion, Jennifer definitely owned the title of best dressed at the 2015 Academy Awards. Paired with a clean, pulled back ponytail and pink lips, Jennifer looked effortlessly stunning in this timeless dress.

Emma Stone

Also wearing Elie Saab, Emma Stone looked incredibly elegant with her hair up and to the side, to compliment her gown’s high neckline. Though a difficult color to wear, the yellow gold hues of Emma’s dress stood out in the best way possible among a crowd of beiges and light pinks that night.

Anna Faris

With simple makeup, accessories, and hair, Anna Faris let her statement gown shine on its own, without overdoing her look. Wearing Zuhair Murad Couture, looked like a fairytale princess without…let’s just say without looking like it was her sweet sixteen like Rihanna did.

Kelly Ripa

Though she didn’t catch the eye of the media as much as many other celebrities did that night, Kelly Ripa deserves credit for keeping it classic in black. Though she could have used brighter, more dramatic makeup to compliment her dark dress, her Christian Siriano gown looked stunning against the bright red carpet.

Zendaya

Jennifer Lopez may have taken the cake for best gown, but Zendaya has our approval for best overall look. Despite Giuliana Rancic’s ignorant comments about her hair, Zendaya looks absolutely incredible in long, pulled back dreadlocks. Not to mention her Vivienne Westwood gown complemented her skintone and body shape perfectly.

Katlyn is currently a freshman at Brandeis University. Though her major is undecided, she enjoys all kinds of writing. She also enjoys dancing and playing lacrosse, and most importantly, online shopping. Her favorite book at the moment is The Brief Wondrous Life of Oscar Wao by Junot Diaz, and she is always looking for more books to read. She is from Manhattan, and though she misses her city a lot, she is enjoying the beautiful snow and sunsets in Waltham, Massachusetts.
I am a Junior at Brandeis University who is passionate about writing and who loves surfing the web for useful articles and having fun doing what I like.