The 5 Coolest Dorm Rooms on Campus

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Brandeis chapter.

Now that we’ve been on campus for almost a month, everyone’s finally starting to settle into their dorm rooms.  And some people are taking it a step further, transforming a boring room of white walls and wooden furniture into a home for the next 9 months.  Whether bohemian, modern, girly, rustic loft, or classy chic, these 10 girls deserve props for having some of the coolest and coziest dorms on campus. 

The Bohemian Traveler

Shana is a junior living in a suite in Ziv Quad.  Her comforter has a colorful map on it, which is perfect because she will be spending second semester abroad this year.  Her room has tons of posters, drawings, and wall prints, as well as lots of bohemian style linens like her bedding, curtain, tapestry, and closet curtain. 

“Something special I brought from home is the two teddy bears I got from my older sisters when I was little.  I keep one in my room and one in my boyfriend’s room, so I never go a night without one.” – Shana Criscitiello

The Glamourous Gal

Natalie, a first-year from Michigan, made her bed super cozy with a headboard, body pillow, and backrest pillow.  Natalie’s desk is also super glamorous with light up initials that shine like the lights of Broadway. 

“The pictures on my wall make me feel at home because they represent the younger adolescent me, as well as my family and friends that I left behind in Michigan” –Natalie Cohen

The Dreamer

Miriam makes the most of her wall space with an awesome tapestry, a photo collage, and beautiful dreamcatchers. “I have four dreamcatchers in my room to remind me to never give up on my dreams. Whenever I look at my dreamcatchers, I think of home, my friends and family, as well as my ever-changing dreams and aspirations that I hope to achieve at Brandeis and beyond.” –Miriam Krugman

The Purple Princess

“One special item I brought from home is my crew oar.  It reminds me of all the friends I made and fun I had on my high school crew team” –Hannah Baker-Lerner

Hannah is a first-year living in a natural triple (2 rooms!)  Her room has a precious purple theme going on.  Her room stays aglow at night with her shiny string lights and glow-in-the-dark stars.  Above her desk are two motivational posters, one reading “You deserve to rest.”  She’s also got an impressive nail polish collection and polishes up her desk’s edges with washi tape. 

The Poster Fanatic

Jessie is a first-year living in Scheffres.  Jessie has the poster collection every girl wants, as well as her own personal dorm-sized library. 

“The people I live with are what make my dorm room feel cozy and comfortable” – Jessie Kinsley

I am a first-year at Brandeis University. I'm from New York City and am experiencing city withdrawal. In my free time I enjoy hanging out with friends, sewing, watching netflix, doing musical theater, and eating lots and lots of mac and cheese.