This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Bowdoin chapter.

1. Where are you from?
I currently live in Lancaster, PA, but counting Maine I’ve lived in 5 states so that’s a complicated question for me. 

2. What activities do you do on campus?
I’m on the golf team and I mentor a local 5th grader.

3. When you were little what did you want to be when you grew up?
I wanted to be an astronaut. 

4. What is the best song to sing with a bus full of people?
Don’t Stop Believing by Journey. I don’t know why our generation has adopted that song, but we have, and I love it. 

5.  What’s your favorite YouTube video?
The world’s reaction to Landon Donovan’s game winning goal in the 2010 world cup. It’s incredibly inspiring. 

6. If you discovered a star what would you name it?
Charlotte, after my grandmother. She had ten kids, was a school teacher, and lived to be 98. She deserves a star.

7. What’s your favorite book?
I’ve read all of the Harry Potter books more times than I care to admit, but Ender’s Game by Orson Scott Card is my all time favorite.

8. Which dining hall do you prefer and why?
Thorne, I like the display section at dinner and the atmosphere is more fun.

Marissa is a senior at Bowdoin College, majoring in Government and minoring in English. She's interned with NPR, The Christian Science Monitor and ELLE.com. In her spare time she enjoys writing poetry, baking cupcakes, tweeting, and admiring the big dipper. She hopes to live in a lighthouse someday, with 27 cats and a good set of watercolors.