The Much Needed Break

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Bloom U chapter.

Now that Halloween is over it seems like we skip straight to Christmas, but how could we forget about Thanksgiving? I definitely did not forget it, especially because it’s also a short break from our every day school routine. Here’s 5 things I’m looking forward to!

1. FOOD

So this one is a given.. This is the time of the year that students start to get tired of the on-campus food selection. You’re craving a home cooked meal, especially a Thanksgiving dinner. It may be your aunt’s stuffing, your grandma’s pumpkin pie, or the turkey your dad prepares; but no matter what, it’s something to look forward to.

1. Family time

Going home to spend time with your family isn’t the same as them coming to visit you. There’s the comfort of your own house, familiar faces, and sharing the family bond you get at home.

3. Shopping

Black Friday deals! Enough said. Also, be sure to ask which stores have a student discount!

4. Nature

The leaves are changing. It’s scarf and sweater weather. And, you get to see your familiar hometown views.

5. Traditions

Whether it’s watching the Macy’s Thanksgiving Day Parade with your mom in the morning, baking cookies with your cousins in the afternoon, or gathering around a fire with your friends in the evening; you hometown traditions start to become more nostalgic.

Thanksgiving break is a short time away from school where you’re able to slow down and take in everything that you’re thankful for; and it means winter break is right around the corner!