3 of the Best Places to Study at Bloomsburg

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Bloom U chapter.

While Bloomsburg is a smaller scale school, there are still many places that people can find the privacy or study space they need to look over review questions or work on homework. If your roommates are being too noisy or you want to study somewhere else besides your cramped dorm, these are a few other places to go to help with your studies. 

• The Library

The library is a cliché answer, but a good one. Going to the library to study is a great idea because at the Andruss Library on Bloomsburg’s campus, there are a large amount of different floors and rooms to study in. If you are with a group working on a project, you can use the study rooms located on almost if not every floor. If you are looking for a more communal and open place to study, the lounge on the first floor located next to Starbucks is perfect. IF you need a more quiet and private location, the fourth floor has desk that students can use to work at and is probably the quietest floor of the building. Whatever you are looking for, the library can help 

• Kehr Union

The Kehr Union may be a spot for students to get food, participate in actives, and relax in, but it can also be a great place to study depending on your preferences. If you are looking for a more communal spot to study,  the lobby of the Kehr Union is perfect as it includes a dining area and food stations, various couches, chairs, and tables, as well as television sets to watch or have as background noise. This makes it a  great spot to do homework or look over notes. If you need something more private, there is a lounge area down the hall near the billboards and staircase where you can relax with similar seating arrangements but is more privatized. The Kehr Union has a variety of different study spaces that can offer you food, entertainment, quietness, or whatever you are in the mood for. 

• Outside on Quad

This option is only for a nice day, but with spring just around the corner, we may see these types of days more often. It has been proven that studying outside can actually help people concentrate more. So why not take a blanket or chair, find a sunny or shady spot, and spend the time reading, writing, or looking over any classwork you have? It can help a possible stressful situation, feel a little less overwhelming. 

My name is Jessica and I love reading,musicals, TV shows (especially Arrow), comics, watching movies and Netflix, and traveling. I am a Mass Communications major, with a concentration in Journalism, at Bloomsburg University and I plan to graduate in May 2018. I hope to go onto to work in book publishing or writing for some kind of media outlet as well as working in a major city such as New York or Philadelphia.
I am a 23 year old senior at Bloomsburg University. I am a Mass Communications major on the telecommunications track and with a concentration in Public Relations.