10 Reasons Why Lilo is an Underrated Badass

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Bloom U chapter.

So it’s no secret that I love Lilo and Stitch.  I can watch that movie a million times over and I’ll still be just as excited to watch it the next time.  Because of my self-proclaimed expertise in the movie, I have compiled a list of reasons why Lilo is basically a six-year-old badass.

Her taste in music is impeccable.  She’s only about six years old but she’s already obsessed with The King of Rock and Roll.   The entire soundtrack of the movie is great to jam to, and I would definitely want to listen to any Spotify playlists she creates.

Her dance moves are on point.  Don’t be surprised if you see me rockin’ this move on the stage at Hardware.  

She’s dedicated.  She knows she shouldn’t have been late to dance class, and she begs to be able to dance in their performance despite her mistakes.

She doesn’t flake on plans.  She makes sure to feed Pudge the fish a peanut butter sandwich every Thursday because he controls the weather. 

She respects others.  When she’s all out of peanut butter and Nani suggests a tuna sandwich, Lilo knows that feeding a fish tuna would just be absolutely senseless.

She can stand up for herself.  After Myrtle calls her crazy, Lilo throws hands.

She also knows when she’s wrong.  After Myrtle caught those hands, Lilo knew she had to apologize for the way she acted.

She can be a personal therapist for her friends.  She’s there to listen to their problems and offer help where she can. 

She accepts her friends for who they are, no matter how much good or bad or annoying they may be.

She knows that family is the most important thing.  Whether by blood or not, O’hana means family and family means no one gets left behind or forgotten.

Bottom line, Lilo and Stitch is one of Disney’s greatest movie, and I hope everyone can learn at least a little something from Lilo.  

A senior at Bloomsburg University and HC Campus Correspondent.  I can usually be found with a coffee in hand, either walking my dog or at the gym. Life motto: Nobody likes a shady beach.