Not Just Your Basic Pumpkin Spice Latte

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Binghamton chapter.

October starts Pumpkin Spice Latte season!  Before you run out to your local Starbucks and spend all your precious wine and online shopping money, try this homemade, easy, healthier version of the fall classic!

I used this recipe from popsugar.com to make a DIY PSL!

Healthy Homemade Pumpkin Spice Latte

Ingredients

• 1/2 cup unsweetened vanilla almond milk
  • 3 tablespoons pumpkin puree
  • 1 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
  • 1/2 teaspoon vanilla
  • 2-3 drops of liquid stevia (or sweetener of choice)
  • 8 ounces brewed coffee (or 1-2 shots of espresso)
  • sprinkle of cinnamon

Directions

1. In a cup or saucepan, mix together almond milk and pumpkin. Cook on medium heat on the stovetop or microwave for 30-45 seconds.
  2. Remove from heat, stir in vanilla, spices, and sweetener, place in a cup and use a frother to foam the milk. You can also use a blender —  just process for 30 seconds or until foamy.
  3. Pour coffee into a large mug, add the foamy milk mixture on top. Sprinkle with cinnamon. Enjoy!

Deena Abramson is a Senior at Binghamton University studying Psychology and Health and Wellness Studies.  She is originally from Lexington, Massachusetts.  She is currently the President of her sorority, Sigma Alpha Epsilon Pi, and is so grateful for her Sigma sisters, many of whom are also Her Campus writers!  Some of her hobbies include: running (she has run two half marathons this year!), hiking in the White Mountains of New Hampshire, cooking healthy meals, playing word games, and of course writing for Her Campus!   She hopes that her articles both entertain and inspire her peers both at Binghamton and in the national Her Campus community.  
Binghamton Contributor