This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Binghamton chapter.

Getting involved and active on campus is one of the most important things about college life. Sure academics are important, but there is so much more to college besides that. Being a part of something makes the college experience all the more exciting and memorable!

1.)Join a club: With 160 clubs on campus, there is a club for everyone! No matter what your interests are, there is most probably a club for you! Whether it is the mock trial team or zombies vs. aliens, clubs can be such a fun part of college. It is such a good way to get involved and meet new people!

2.)Join a sport team: The best thing about sports at Binghamton is that there are so many ways to be active and engage in your favorite sport. There are division 1 teams as well as club and intramural sports. So whether you want to dedicate a lot of time to sports or just like to play as a hobby, there is a way to do all of those things! Sport teams also engage in social activities which can make being on a sport team even more fun.

3.)Volunteer: Volunteering is one of the most important things you can do as a college student. Many clubs are solely devoted to community service and other acts of volunteering. There is always an opportunity to give back, whether it be working with kids or cleaning up parks.

4.)Get out of your room!!!: You do not need to be a member of several clubs to be active on campus. Simply spending active time on campus is also a great way to be involved! Going to the gym, the library, residential events are all ways to be active on campus. Relaxing in your dorm is fun, but it is definitely better to spend most of your time outside your dorm and being active. 

Sharon Smilovich is a sophomore at Binghamton University. She is from Great Neck, NY. She is very excited to join the Her Campus team, as this is her first opportunity to express herself through writing.
Binghamton Contributor