Healthy Snacks to Help You Get Through Studying

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Binghamton chapter.

It’s supposed to be the most wonderful time of the year except we, college students, have a fun little thing called finals week. (Don’t worry, you’re not the only one about to rip their eyeballs out!!) Even though you’re probably living in the library and haven’t drank anything but coffee for days, don’t forget to eat! You need something to fuel that amazing mind and to keep you going! If you’re anything like me, you like to snack on junk food, but it’s so easy to get healthy snacks to avoid that! Here are a few quick healthy snacks that you can make yourself or grab from the supermarket:

1) Pretzels: Pretzels come in a variety of flavors and shapes so there will always be something satisfy your every craving.

2) Popcorn: Popcorn can be super healthy when it’s wholegrain, air-popped, and has no additives! There’s also a ton of toppings and flavors if you don’t like plain popcorn. I love to snack on popcorn because it really fills you up.

3) Fruit: One of the healthiest options is fruit and super easy to get. There’s so many options from a cup of fresh berries to sliced orange (to help you fight against cold season!). If you want extra flavor or a boost in energy, grab some peanut butter, nutella, or any other spread!

4) Trail Mix: Trail Mix also comes in a variety of styles so you can pick whatever you like – nuts, dried fruits, candy, etc. If you don’t want to buy a bag from the store, just grab a ziploc bag and fill it with your favorite treats, seal it, and shake it up!

5) Oatmeal: Classically known as your grandma’s dessert, oatmeal is actually very yummy! It’s warm and super filling. There are many flavors of instant oatmeal or you can add your own extras like cinnamon, sugar, honey, and berries!

Danjeh Haeri

Binghamton

Binghamton Contributor