Goals for First Semester

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Binghamton chapter.

I always knew this semester would come but I never thought it’d be here so quick. It’s officially my last first semester of the year and as I embark on my senior year, there’s a ton of things on my bucket list to take care of during the fall semester while I still have the chance. After all, autumn in upstate New York is truly like no other place, and because of that I plan to take full advantage of the remaning time I have left here. I present to you my goals for the first semester:

1. Go Apple Picking:

Last year I went with my sorority sisters to Jackson’s Farm in Endicott where we had the chance to buy apples and candy apples and all of those other fun things, but we hadn’t really went apple picking. I look forward to putting on a pair of jeans and a sweater in a few weeks and going apple picking with my friends!

2. Wine Touring:

Now that I’m 21 years old, a wine tour is something I really want to take advantage of doing up here with my friends. It may seem crazy but I’ve never been on a wine tour and the Finger Lake region is known for having some of the best wineries. What could be better than a scenic bus ride through upstate New York en route to try some of the best wine?

3.  Score and Internship for the Spring

Next year at this time, I’ll hopefully be a full fledged member of the work force, but that can’t happen without an impressive resume to back me up. Luckily, I’ve been fortunate enough to hold two different incredible internship positions last summer and this past summer, but the spring semester is my last real chance to add an extra internship position to my resume and diversify my work experience so I can really narrow in on what exactly it is I want to do after college.

4. Go Out More

I can have some serious grandma tendencies on Friday and Saturday nights. Is it so wrong that I’d rather binge watch TLC and HGTV instead of get dressed up to go downtown? However, college only comes once and after graduation I can spend my Friday and Saturday nights watching all the TV I want. But for now, the memories I make with my friends downtown, regardless of how many of them we all actually will remember, is what’s most important. 

5. Try a new restaurant

Binghamton actually has quite a wide array of restuarants and while I’ve been to Lost Dog more times than I can count, there’s way more to Binghamton dining than a famous bowl of rigatoni ala vodka. Zona, Thai Time, Sake-e-Tumi, and The Colonial are just some of the eateries that boast some delicious menus and I definitely want to try one of these new places this semester. Also adding Bing Hots to my list as a place to go to after a night out with friends. 

Samantha Wieder is a senior at Binghamton University. She's majoring in English Rhetoric and minoring in Cinema. Heavily involved in campus, she's proud to be part of BTV, Binghamton's student run television station, as production manager on e-board. She's also a member of the Marketing Association, staff writer for Pipe Dream Release, and a sister of Sigma Alpha Epsilon Pi. During the summer of 2014, she was an Editorial Intern at Long Island Pulse Magazine in Patchogue, NY and during the summer of 2015, she was a Marketing and Communications Intern at Hazon, a Jewish non-profit in the Financial District. She looks forward to interning at FOX 40 in Binghamton during the spring 2016 semester and to begin a career in New York City for post-grad life. She looks forward to another incredible year of writing for Her Campus!
Binghamton Contributor