A Girl’s Guide to the Super Bowl

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Binghamton chapter.

Girls, if you are going to watch the big game, it is time to get prepared!  Super Bowl Sunday is just one week away.  Of course the Super Bowl revolves around two teams competing against each other for the prestigious title of champion, but there is certainly more to the Super Bowl than just the actual game. Here are some tips for navigating the ins and outs of this momentous sporting event for those who may or may not care about football:  

1. For all you country music fans out there, Luke Bryan will be opening the Super Bowl by singing the National Anthem.  Be sure not to miss the opening scene!
  2. Having fun snacks is always a must!  There are the classic chips and guacamole, but try something new like Kale Chips for all you healthy eaters.
  3. Get lots of fun decorations – balloons and even custom plastic plates with each teams’ mascot.
  4. One of my favorite aspects of the Super Bowl is of course the commercials.  Be sure to see which companies create the best commercials in 2017!
  5. Last but not least, we all look forward to the Super Bowl Half Time Show.  This year Lady Gaga will be performing so get pumped!

I hope everyone has an excellent Super Bowl Sunday!

Elana is a Junior at Binghamton University. She is majoring in Business Administration with a concentration in Consulting. She is originally from New Jersey. Some of her hobbies include traveling, cooking, reading, writing and playing tennis. On campus, she is involved with Hillel and volunteers at the Boys and Girls Club. She is looking forward to writing for Her Campus and hopes to amuse and provide advice for fellow Binghamton students.
Binghamton Contributor