Campus Cutie: Daniella Olusoga ’15

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Binghamton chapter.

This weeks Campus Cute is Daniella Olusoga a Psychology major originally from South Ozone Park in Queens.  Around campus she’s known as the Weave Wizard and always has the best tips to rock your hair the best way you know how! I sat down with her for a quick Q&A on why she loves Bing and how she rocks her own personal style from Hair to Toe!

Three Words to Describe Yourself: Fun. Motivated. Eccentric.

When you’re not in the classroom where can you be found?

I am the public relation chair for Ladies Owning their Curls, Kinks, and Straights (L.O.C.K.S), the activities coordinator for Women Empowered to Support Educate Advocate and Know at Binghamton University (We Speak BU) and I’m also I am a member of the women’s Division I Track and Field Program. My specialties are the multi events like pentathlon and heptathlon.

Favorite Thing About Binghamton?

The marketplace. Having the diner that serves cheesecake ice cream is heaven sent!

Best Binghamton Memory (so far)?

Experiencing everything that Bing had to offer for the first time freshman year.

Fashion trend you can’t get enough of?

Black! All black attire is not only edgy but also sliming. You honestly can never go wrong when wearing black.  Also, midi skirt sets. Gone is the time where girls thought they need to wear a short skirt to look fashionable, now is the time for high waisted knee length skirts with matching crop tops. This fashion trend is extremely cute and fun! Pair a set with sandals or pumps and there you go!

Fashion trend you can’t wait to end?

UGGS, Crocs, and jelly sandals. These shoes are a fashion no no! They need to go!

What’s currently on repeat on your iPod?

All of me by John Legend. This song is really touching and his vocals are amazing!

Go to TV Show?

Well I am a dedicated Gladiator but since Scandal just ended, my Sunday nights consist of the best show ever, Game of Thrones.

Read any good books lately?

Unfortunately, I have not had a chance to read any good books since my life at Binghamton consists of reading dry textbooks, which I wouldn’t describe as “good”.

Where do you see yourself in 5 years?

In five years I would hope to be working as a HR generalist or benefits and compensation at company that I love, traveling the world and meeting new people. Also I hope to have a dog by then since I’ve been neglected a dog during my childhood. Thanks mom!

Best advice someone has ever given you?

“One week they love you, Next week they hate you, Both weeks I got paid” – Someone actually didn’t give me this advice I saw it on Instagram and thought “wow that is something to think about”. There are always going to be people that will try to bring you down and talk behind your back, but you just can’t feed into the hate. Trust God, be diligent in your work and let your success move in silence.

How do you feel about Miley Cyrus?  

I actually don’t mind Miley Cyrus at all. I find her extremely entertaining. Have you  checked out her Instagram posts? She’s hilarious.

…Kanye and Kim?

Hmmm. I have loved Kanye from the day he put out College Dropout and I still love him today, regardless of people’s opinions of his arrogant personality. However, Kim I am not a big fan of. But her and Kanye together have definitely grown on me especially since North West is so adorable.

Shavonna Q. Hinton
Binghamton Contributor