Braided Hairstyles from Day to Night

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Binghamton chapter.

With school in full swing, sometimes you just want to tie your hair back but who doesn’t want to still look cute?! Braids are an amazing option to play around with so here are few looks that you can do in under 5 minutes!

If you just want your hair out of your face for a busy day, a fishtail mermaid braid is a great option. To begin, comb your hair back and take three even chunks of hair and start braiding from the crown of your head. Continue to add thicker chunks of hair to the braid until you run out of hair!

Another hairstyle that can be done really quickly in the morning is this beautiful braid! While it looks complicated, it’s actually very easy to do. All you have to do is grab a small section of hair either from your part or from just above your ear and start to braid. Each time you add one knot in your braid, add another section of hair to the braid. Continue doing this around your head as far as you can go and then pin it down with a few barrettes. You can do this as loosely or tightly as you like! To add some effect, you can curl or wave your hair but this can be done on straight hair as well!

To take a braided hairstyle up one notch, try a braided bun which is beautiful for a night out! Just start by creating 3 traditional braids in your hair and loosen the tops of each braid by pulling at them. Take a bunch of barrettes and play around with the look, but pin each braid down by wrapping them around at the back of your head.

Another braided bun combines the second and third looks! Starting from the part of your hair or just above your ear, grab three thick sections of hair and start creating a thick braid that wraps around your entire head. If you have bangs, you can leave them out in the front and style them later. Pin the braid in the back and grab the rest of your hair and take a small plastic elastic and create a big bun in the back that covers the barrettes from the braid. Again, this look takes a lot of playing with, but it’s so messy and flexible that it’s really easy to make!

Danjeh Haeri

Binghamton

Binghamton Contributor