This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Binghamton chapter.

Even though I am only a sophomore, I have already taken some amazing classes at Binghamton! These are the ones I think everyone should take. So if you have room in your schedule for an elective, consider taking one of the following:

1.) PSYCH 111/DEV. PSYCH (Any Merriwether class really…)

The main reason why Psych 111 is such an amazing class is because of the incredible professor Dr. Ann Merriwether. It is in no way an easy course but it is incredibly engaging and rewarding. She makes you work for your grade and makes you want to learn. Professor Merriwether makes you want to go to class every day and we all know how rare that is. Her witty personality, funny jokes, and astounding intelligence are why this class is so enjoyable. She teaches through her personal stories, which makes the class even more interesting. You also leave the class with a new taste in music due to the songs she plays before every class. So whether you are a psychology or chemistry major, you must take this class before graduating.

2.) THEATER 102 with Kevin Oakes

Where do I even begin to explain Kevin Oakes…

Everyone knows that the Aesthetics general education requirement is the most annoying. But if you want a class that’s relatively easy and extremely entertaining, theater 102 is the class to take. Kevin Oakes’s unique personality, PG-13 jokes, and never-ending flow of energy make this class unforgettable. He is very interactive with the class so if you are very shy, try sitting all the way in the back because he will call on you and converse with you in front of the entire class. So if you need the A gen ed or just want to be entertained for an hour and a half, take this class.

3.) HWS 332-Nutrition with Lina Begdache

This course is truly a life-changing one. Even if you are not minoring in health and wellness you should definitely take this class. Professor Begdache is one of the most engaging and interactive professors at Binghamton. I have never had a professor, or teacher for that matter, that thrives on and genuinely cares about her students learning about nutrition. Her lectures are so interesting and will make you think twice about everything that you eat. Professor Begdache is also extremely open to answering questions and discussing any topics that the class is interested in. She is also extremely kind and approachable which makes the class even more enjoyable.

Sharon Smilovich is a sophomore at Binghamton University. She is from Great Neck, NY. She is very excited to join the Her Campus team, as this is her first opportunity to express herself through writing.
Binghamton Contributor