5 Spring Semester Goals to Make Your Life Easier

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Binghamton chapter.

1. Practice Self Care

The first thing you can do to start the semester off on the right foot is to take care of yourself. Before due dates and exams start piling up, you can get into a routinue that involves at least 7-8 hours of sleep while you have no excuse to pull all nighters. 

2. Focus on Quality Relationships

Winter break is long enough to reflect on the past semester and the people you spent it with. Think about who was a good friend to you. Re-evaluate. Focus on those who make you happy. A strong support system is key to being happy in college. 

3. Set Realistic Goals 

We all want to be fit and get a perfect GPA this semester, but these goals are not specific enough. Setting realistic goals improves the chance that you will actually achieve your goals. Instead of saying you want to get fit for spring break, commit to going to group fitness classes with a friend (or by yourself if you prefer) twice a week. 

4. Give Yourself a Break 

Do at least one thing per day that brings you joy. Taking just 20 minutes to watch your favorite TV show or catch up with a friend helps you recharge and keeps some balance on a stressful day. 

5. Keep Perspective

When you’re super stressed, it can be hard to keep perspective and focus on what is important. I like to ask myself if what I’m worried about will matter in five years. Chances are, it won’t. There’s always something you could be worried about, but it’s really important to keep in mind what the end goal is. 

(source: http://law-of-attraction-central.tumblr.com/

Binghamton Contributor