4 Spring Fling Concert Outfits for Every Genre

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Binghamton chapter.

This weekend Spring Fling will hit the Binghamton campus in all of its carnival glory. To top off the day, there will be a free concert featuring indie rock group Matt and Kim as well as house music DJ 3LAU, rapper Joey Bada$$ and newcomers to the indie gogo scene RDGLDGRN. Clearly there is a music style for every taste, but for any girl it begs the question: What do I wear? Usually a concert outfit is a clear-cut choice but with so much variety this year, the options are endless. Here are four ideas to help find the just the right look!

Have you been playing Daylight over and over in anticipation for Matt and Kim? If so you’re probably going to want to rock an edgy but girly outfit inspired by drummer Kim’s classic look. Try a skater dress paired with a comfy hoodie to get just the right amount of sass and style. Add a pair of colorful vans and studded accessories and you’ll be all set to dance until the daylight turns to night.

If you’re all about the EDM lifestyle, I have 3 words for you. NEON NEON NEON. The EDM dress code calls for all things bright and flashy. Bright tops paired with cute shorts and a pair of Keds is the way to go. To take the outfit to the next level, wear bright accessories and top it off with a glowstick headband. For a funky twist, add a fanny pack to keep all your valuables in.

For those of you who rep the Pro Era crew, try this Joey Bada$$ inspired look and bring some of that Brooklyn Bred swag to Bing. Start off with a denim jacket. Then add a cutoff top, graphic leggings and comfy but durable pair of combat boots, you don’t want your toes getting stepped on! Accessorize with gold bangles and a fitted beanie to complete the look.

For fans of RDGLDGRN try a simple laidback look that says, I like good music, but I like comfort even more. If you’ve ever attended a RDGLDGRN concert you’ll know that flannel jackets and shirts are the go to look for many concertgoers. Pair it with a cool graphic tee, cutoff jeans and some oh-so-classic Converse sneakers and you’ll be rocking out in style and comfort!

Love these ideas? You can see these and many more on my Polyvore account. Check it out!

Shavonna Q. Hinton
Binghamton Contributor