Nicole Gamer, Associate Director of Alumni, Parents and Friends

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Bentley chapter.

Nicole Gamer is a woman passionate about her job, students, family and the Bentley Community! I highly suggest reaching out to her as she has great advice to give and fun stories to tell! Nicole was my First Year Seminar teacher and no words can describe how much she has taught me about life and getting accustomed to college life. She has a way of keeping Bentley alumni forever involved in our community. Here’s your chance, Her Campus readers, to learn more about Nicole Gamer!

HC (Her Campus): What brought you to Bentley?

NG (Nicole Gamer): I came to Bentley as a college freshman through the CAP program, now called the STEP program, in ’98. With a pager and landline…I’m kind of a Dinosaur. I graduated in 2002, and there just happened to be a job opening here at Bentley!

HC: What are some of your campus involvements?

NG: I teach Freshman Seminar and I assist in the planning and execution of Reunion Weekend, Homecoming and Parents’ Weekend. I come into work every day not just as a job, but I so enjoy helping students make connections. It’s the coolest thing in the world to pay forward and give so much back to a school that’s given me so much. If there’s one thing I want Her Campus readers to know about me, it’s how much my career means to me. I care about doing what I do each and every day! I am able to incorporate the things I love most all into a job.

HC: What did you major in as a Bentley student and where did you live on campus?

NG: I had no idea what I wanted to major in! Being a Leo, I like to boss people around, so naturally I checked off management… I ended up doing what I absolutely love! I lived in Oak, Forest, Collins and Falcone East.

HC: What three words would you use to describe yourself?

NG: Dependable, passionate, and genuine.

HC: We agree!!! What is some advice you would give to a senior about to enter into the real workforce world?

NG: Well the biggest challenge entering the real world is that it doesn’t move as fast as we’re used to. Be prepared to be flexible, open to working with people of different generations, opinions and working styles. Be able to deal with things outside of the classroom. That is HUGE. That’s why Bentley gives so many group projects! Don’t forget that we all start somewhere, don’t forget Bentley experience, think Bentley, come back for reunion, hire students, so this community is with you forever.

HC: Where are you from? And what is your family life like now?

NG: I grew up in East Boston and I have a 19 year old sister. I met my husband here at Bentley, and I have two beautiful children. My 4 ½ year old daughter Alex and my 18 month old Andrew!

HC: Got any secret talents? A fun fact about yourself?

NG: Well I’d say my secret talents are my job, planning events, operations, getting small details in order, multitasking, staying organized—these are everyday life talents. A fun fact about me is that I have 32 first cousins…

HC: Where is your favorite place in the world?

NG: Disney world for sure! There is something just so special about seeing your baby smile the first time they see Mickey! I love experiencing things through my kids’ eyes. And from a business standpoint, they got it down…

I am a Sophomore at Bentley University, originally from Long Island, New York. I enjoy writing, gymnastics and dancing, I especially love fashion and design clothing in my free time. I am currently studying business and I am an aspiring lawyer and designer.
Bentley University