My First Month as a Bentley Collegiette

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Bentley chapter.

Looking back on my first few weeks at Bentley, It seems as though I’ve spiraled through a time warp. I tend to get many a quizzical look when I tell people that it feels as if I’ve been here forever, and for no time at all. I have adjusted fairly quickly to communal bathrooms, Seasons dining, and climbing the notorious Smith stairs, but my new life at Bentley is still just four weeks young. In those four weeks, however, I’ve met some incredible new friends, gained a new sense of responsibility, and made more memories than I thought possible. I have also missed my first GB112 quiz, and eaten an obscene amount of macaroni and cheese, but I consider those to be minor bumps in an otherwise smooth road. Here are a few more of my Bentley experiences:

In my time here, I’ve mustered the strength (on numerous occasions) to push my way onto the Harvard Square shuttle. In the event of failure, I’ve mustered the flexibility to squeeze into a cab.

I’ve eaten my four servings of fruit a day in the form of fruit snacks, and in a moment of weakness, I’ve given in to the craving for 2 am pizza with equally hungry friends.

I’ve walked the length of Newbury Street, blowing my college-girl budget on clothes and cupcakes, but having a blast in the process. The Public Garden is gorgeous!

I’ve created a cozy home away from home with the help of an awesome roommate.

I’ve done laundry, learned how to open my mailbox, and kept up with GB112 reading- huge successes in my book!

Last but not least, I’ve joined a fabulous group of ladies at Her Campus Bentley. I can’t wait to see what the rest of freshman year holds!

Bentley University class of 2016