A Love/Hate Relationship With The Changing Seasons

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Bentley chapter.

Now that we’re all back at school and settled in, you may notice a few changes here at Bentley. We have new furniture, some dorms have new flooring, new student center, and we even have a remodeled dining hall. But Seasons isn’t the only seasons changing…It’s finally FALL! (See I’m kinda punny)

Now that Fall is here, we’re so excited about everything that comes with the new season! Potential students come for tours of the campus, the leaves start to change giving Bentley that beautiful New England-y feel, and pumpkin spice EVERYTHING!

Even more to be excited about:

• Not breaking out into a sweat walking to class every single day
  • Finally getting to wear sweaters perfect for cuddling
  • Going apple picking with your roommates (or dragging your significant other along to take tons of couple-y pictures together)
  • Eating pumpkin pie, pumpkin muffins, pumpkin bread, pumpkin seeds, pumpkin spice lattes, and even pumpkin tea
  • Football (for those of you like me who actually enjoy sports)
  • and Thanksgiving is right around the corner! (Who doesn’t love a day dedicated to spending time with the ones you love and stuffing your faces until the food coma hits

What;s not to love?!

..I’ll tell you a couple things I have in mind:

• Catching a cold-now that we’re all back in school (real close with one another) everyone is a zillion times more likely to get sick
  • Less motivation to put layers on to walk down to the gym just to take all those layers off again to work out, then when you’re done, you have to either put them all back on or choose to freeze on the walk back home
  • The temperatures will vary-Especially going from building to building on campus. Going from your room to outside, then into the library it’s like going through a year of seasonal changes in a span of 10 minutes. 

But let’s face it; the positives about Fall (or Autumn if you’re into that) most definitely outweigh the “negatives” and pet peeves. From family time to jumping in leaf piles, who wouldn’t fall in love with Fall?! Especially at the beautiful Bentley University.

Hi! I'm Nicole, the social media chair for Her Campus Bentley! I'm a senior and love writing gif articles :)
Bentley University