Links We Love 2.21.14

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Bentley chapter.

February is always a busy month. Lately, my life has been consumed with Spring Break planning, midterm exams, keeping my healthy New Year’s resolutions, and of course, Valentine’s Day celebrations. It seems like I’m constantly being pulled in a dozen different directions. It’s a daily struggle to balance friends, school, and work, while at the same time, maintaining my sanity. But, with that said, I wouldn’t have it any other way. What can I say? I’ve fallen in love with the chaos.

In order to celebrate these hectic 28 days, my links this week are dedicated to all the fabulous things February has to offer. On the list, I have a diverse mix of fashion, women’s empowerment, inspiration, and, of course, a little bit of humor.

Enjoy the rest of this month, Ladies, and take a minute to stop and appreciate the beauty in your lives!

HCXO

1.    “Love Your Body” Workout Routine

As one of my New Year’s Resolutions, I vowed to start strength training. In the past, I’ve always stuck to the treadmill or elliptical in fear of looking like an amateur in the weights section of the Dana Center. But, I recently stumbled upon ToneItUp.com. Each week, the two trainers provide simple workout out routines. They are easy to follow and usually take less than a half hour to complete. I’ve only been following their fitness schedule for a couple weeks and I’m already seeing results!

2.    8 Acts of Chivalry to Bring Back

This article from relationship guru, James Michael Sama, serves as a nice reminder that romance should entail more than Tinder meet-ups and Snapchats.

3.    New York Fashion Week Recap

With all the craziness, I had trouble keeping up with New York Fashion Week this year. This article caught me up to speed on all the noteworthy events. It dishes on everything from Harper Beckham’s front row appearance to Kendall Jenner’s runway debut.

4.    37 Regrets to Avoid

I think we can all agree that time seems to move faster as the years go by. With this in mind, it’s important to take the time to pause and reflect on your goals and aspirations. The above article gives fantasitc advice on how to live your life to the absolute fullest.

[pagebreak]

5.    Why Your Weight Shouldn’t Matter

Spring Break is fast approaching, which means there has been a lot of chatter on campus about getting “bathing-suit ready.” While this kind of talk is understandable, it is also harmful to our self-esteem. Beauty encompasses so much more than washboard abs and unrealistic thigh gaps. This article beautifully explains why our self-worth shouldn’t be tied to a number on the scale. It also reinforces the message of the “Fat Talk Free” campaign that the Peer Educators will be hosting on campus next week. Check out the Facebook event for more info!

6.    44 Stock Photos That Hope to Change the Way We Look at Women

This project truly exemplifies the strength of the modern women. I found the collection both inspiring and thought-provoking. The realness of these photos caused me to question how the media portrays “the ideal female.” If you are interested in the cause, keep your eyes out for the 85 Broads Bentley Annual Mini-Conference that will be happening on April 5th. This year’s conference is focused on the Lean In Movement and how we, as women, can empower one another in the workplace.

7.    Classic Beauty Products Every Girl Should Own

I don’t know about you ladies, but I am sick of spending obscene amounts of money on the latest beauty fad, only to find out that the product I purchased doesn’t deliver on all its promises. I recently vowed to stop wasting money and go back to basics. This article suggest tried-and-true beauty buys that won’t disappoint. 

Bentley University Class of 2014
Bentley University