Jess Kenerson, Associate Director for Student Affairs Operations and Development

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Bentley chapter.

This week’s Campus Celebrity is Jess Kenerson. Though she works more behind the scenes in the Student Center, you’ve probably seen her at sports games on campus. Check out our interview to learn more about Jess and her work in Student Affairs!

Her Campus Bentley: Where did you go to college? What activities or sports were you involved with?

Jess Kenerson: I went to Boston College for both my undergrad and graduate degrees.  While at BC, I was an athlete (track and field) and was involved with Circle K.

HCB: What exactly is your job?

JK: Generally speaking, I support divisional initiatives related to the Student Affairs strategic plan.  I also help manage the financial operations for the Division, advise the Allocations and Internal Audit (AIA) committee, serve as a conduct board advisor, and help coordinate the Commencement Week trip to the Bahamas. 

HCB: How did you end up working at Bentley?

JK: I started working at Bentley in 2008 the week after I graduated with my Higher Education Administration master’s degree.  I wanted to stay in the area and absolutely fell in love with the campus, students, and staff during my interview process.  After the interview, it was an easy choice.

HCB: What is the most challenging part of your job?

JK: The most challenging part of my job is trying to make everyone (students and staff) happy.  While not a requirement of the position (or even a realistic expectation), it is something that I always strive to do.

HCB: What is one often overlooked event on campus that students should go to?

JK: I try to never miss a women’s basketball game.  While I love watching all sports, there’s nothing better than being in the Dana Center during the cold, dark winter cheering on our nationally-recognized team.

Olivia is a senior at Bentley University studying Information Design and Corporate Communication. On campus, she is an Admission Fellow and Peer Facilitator for Bentley’s First Year Seminar program, as well as Co-Campus Correspondent for Her Campus Bentley. In her spare time, Olivia enjoys reading, writing, spending time with family and friends, traveling, and going to Disney World (she’s obsessed).