A Girl’s Struggle to Posting an Instagram

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Bentley chapter.

Some people don’t realize the amount of work that goes into posting a picture on Instagram. Taking a good picture, figuring out the best time to post, strategically posting pictures on certain days because you know it will get the most likes on that day. Instagram posting is an art form.

1.     Taking the picture 

Whether it be a selfie, a photo with a friend, or just a picture of something interesting or exciting you’ve seen around, taking that picture requires a lot of work. You need the perfect camera angle and just the right lighting to accentuate all your good features. Most girls take around 20 pictures before actually finding one they like enough to consider “Insta-Worthy.”

2.     Filters

Oh filters. Such a love hate relationship. Love, because they enhance your photos making your beautiful self and friends shine. Hate, because no app has every single filter you want, or some app have better parts than others, so you spend at least a half hour of your time searching for the perfect filter formula.

3.     Caption                                                                                       

Do I want a song lyric? Do I want a Quote? Do I want an emoji? Do I want a lyrics and an emoji? Should I add in some hashtags? Do I want no caption at all? Or do I want the caption to be (insert basic girl caption here)? The struggle is real when regarding captions. 

4.     Likes Per Minute Ratio  

After all the hard work you put in to getting your pic ready to post on Insta, your likes per minute ratio is nowhere near what you expected. You start texting all your friends asking them to like your pic, or you’ll just delete it and start all over again. 

sources: 1/2/3/4

Bentley University